Recent Topics

1 May 09, 2010 18:24    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

I've just noticed something odd. I put my latest effort through a keyword analyser and found that the search engine view included the following line;
<base href="my domain/skins/Whatever_Template/" />
The source code has it right at the top of the page. I have set the base url correctly in basic_config so I cannot see why this should be there. Ok it's not clickable on the serp but it looks odd. Can anyone enlighten me?
PS
I've just found that it is worse than I thought. The url for my site at the top of the serps entry resolves to that given above and thus to a 403 error.

2 May 09, 2010 19:21

That suggests you have a relative link on your page ;)

<base> is nothing (ish) to do with $baseurl, it's the location that css && images for your skin ... hence why it points to your skin

¥

3 May 09, 2010 19:59

¥åßßå wrote:

That suggests you have a relative link on your page ;)

<base> is nothing (ish) to do with $baseurl, it's the location that css && images for your skin ... hence why it points to your skin

¥

The only relative (if that is the same as rel) links are those pointing to stylesheets etc. But in any case I'm not worried so much now because I've just checked my actual serps page rather than what was on the analysis page. And there's no sign of that wierd link at all. I should have known!

4 May 09, 2010 21:21

Relative links are ones that don't start with http:// or /

If the only relative links you have are js/css/img's then it suggests your keyword analyser needs a better regex ;)

¥

5 May 09, 2010 23:15

Gotcha. Thank you. I should have realised that the analyser would not be reliable.

Form is loading...