Recent Topics

1 May 10, 2010 14:38    

My b2evolution Version:

I upgraded to 3.3.3 a while ago. Seemed fine to me, since everything was looking the same.

Now i want to start a new blog and i seem to be able to create and delete posts, but not edit them. I get a '403 forbidden message'. Did i miss a chmod after upgrading ?

If i want to change a post i will have to delete it and write a new one :(

I recently started http://weblog.kemper.nu/index.php?blog=9 , but it is also valid for my other blogs.

2 May 12, 2010 16:32

Check your blog user and group permissions under "Blog Settings". Make sure you are logging on with a username that is the same as the one who wrote the entries. Make sure that that user is actually an existing username in the new blog. Make sure that the login is successful by checking the username appears in the bar at the top and or that the log in choice has turned to log off. Make sure that you actually logged in rather than depending on an existing cookie to have logged you in. The cookie may only apply to the original blog. Try deleting blog cookies and logging in fresh.

3 May 13, 2010 11:55

Hi,

There is one admin and one user. I deleted the cookies and restarted the browser [Flock 2.5.6] . Logged in , but still can not update a post :( Still get the 403-forbidden message [You do not have permission to access this document. ]

I created the blog with the admin user and update it only with that admin account.

Might a fresh install help ? I need to get this fixed, since i will be traveling in a few weeks.

4 May 13, 2010 11:59

talk to your hosting provider.. just to be sure, copy your install to another decent server see if you still have the same difficulty there

5 May 13, 2010 12:07

Just did a quick check on some other settings.

I get the same error [403 forbidden] when trying to change Antispam settings, like 'deletion threshold'. I can however change stuff in general settings, like 'level for new users' :-/

6 May 29, 2010 20:45

Did a full reinstall, but the issue remained.

Contacted my hosting provider and they changed some setting in a firewall that protects against SQL-injection.

Working like a breeze again !

7 Jun 14, 2010 21:46

Brand new install of 3.3.3 and I can't post a message! Every attempt just gets me a "403 Forbidden" error that reads "You don't have permission to access to this document on this server."

I created a new user account and was trying to create posts with that. I gave it admin and user level "10" status, but same deal. So I logged out and logged back in as "Admin" and tried to post with that. Same deal.

I can change blog settings - I deleted all of the posts from Sample Blog "A" without problem. I edited the categories list fine. I changed the name and such on the blog. But just can't post even a draft of a post without getting that 403 error.

Am I missing an obvious permission setting somewhere?

8 Jun 14, 2010 23:19

It's a server error, you should talk to your host.

9 Jun 14, 2010 23:23

sam2kb wrote:

It's a server error, you should talk to your host.

Well...o.k., but what am I supposed to talk to them about? File permissions? Database version? DNS? They don't know much about B2Evolution (I suspect) so I'm not sure what they're going to discern from me telling them that a specific operation in B2 fails like that.

Everything else on the site seems to work fine - I can publish pages, edit pages, log into the B2 backoffice and fiddle around. It's just posting new posts in B2 that fails.

Form is loading...