Recent Topics

1 Aug 13, 2004 20:15    

I am very new to b2. I have succeed with installation although I had a problem with cookies. I intend to use b2 as an internal log facility. I enjoyed browesing all the skins available. But when I tested a couple of them the search feature would return me to the default page "Welcome to b2...." I found that the way the search facility was defined in _main.php was differently between default "custom" and "helsinki" skins. I think this involves many other skins as well. I understand this is not a big deal as the skins are intended for user maniplulation. But it would be nice if there was a least a comment out the version they were built for.

2 Aug 16, 2004 19:39

Are you saying this is applicable when you have downloaded them, or when trying them online?

AFAIK the search facility does work on all the skins that are on the site. This sounds very much like you haven't defined your stub names correctly.

There is a note what version they're compatible with: both on the site (see the little links for older versions?) and in the skininfo.html that is included with the skins that other people made (the wpc ones I got lazy with, but they all work with 0.9.0.5 and up).

3 Aug 16, 2004 20:14

Thanks for you interest an reply. I have downloaded them and then tried them out on my sysetm and they failed. I didn't create skins or modify any php or skins before finding the problem. Here is what I found:
These lines from "helsinki/_main.php" and others fail:
<form name="SearchForm" method="get" class="search" action="<?php $Blog->disp( 'blogurl', 'raw' ) ?>">
<input type="submit" class="button"name="submit" value="<?php echo T_('Search') ?>" />

While these lines taken from the default "custom/_main.php" will work:
<?php form_formstart( $Blog->dget( 'blogurl', 'raw' ), 'search', 'SearchForm' ) ?>
<input type="submit" name="submit" class="submit" value="<?php echo T_('Search') ?>" />.

I don't know anything about PHP so this difference is lost on me. But I was able to make the modification and it worked. So far I really like all the work that has gone into b2.

4 Aug 16, 2004 20:16

That line should work with 0.9.0.10. What version are you using? If you installed using Fantasico, chances are that you're running a version that's horribly out of date.

5 Aug 16, 2004 20:35

I am using b2evo v 0.9.0.10,I don't think I am using Fantasico. The sysetm I am working on is Redhat 9 with everything installed. I don't know what Fantasico is but I guess it could have been installed with Redhat 9.

6 Aug 16, 2004 22:52

Fantastico is a little program that installs other programs. Mostly it installs GPL stuff but there are a few payfer things in it's list. It is a program that your web host would have available to you - not something you would have installed locally.

I also noticed a bit back that Fantastico is now installing NinetyTen. AND still the long-dead original b2. Go figure...

Form is loading...