Recent Topics

1 May 25, 2010 04:22    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I don't know where to find this answer so I thought I would start here. I admit that I am a newbie to mySQL but not Databases
What I am wondering is can you use 1 mySQL database and 2 different apps..
Say the first one is b2evo and a second one is a small calendar database..

I would think this would be possible since the fields all have unique namesso there would be no conflict with data in the DB..

I am just not sure if there would be a accessing problem if both scripts were to call the DB at the same time.

Any help or suggestions as to where I might find this kind of answer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 May 26, 2010 02:43

From my experience of using b2evo, you can share one database with different b2evo installations. You just need to specify different table name prefix for different installations at setup. I never had problems with this setup.

However if you want to share with other application, you have to check how that application uses database. Some applications may think that a database is used solely by it.

eg it may have database tools to dump and restore database and depends how it's written, it may wipe out the whole database before restoring data. This may affect other applications using the same database.

3 May 27, 2010 04:18

Thanks for the insight.. Would have never thought a app would dump a DB Since I figured most DB build records..
I doubt the both of the two I want to combine do this..and since you confirmed that B2Evo can share a DB that eliminates it..I will look at the other one and see what I can find..
Thanks again

Form is loading...