Recent Topics

1 May 27, 2010 21:36    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi all,

Currently my blog is running in domain.com/folder/

When you enter domain.com you are redirected via .htaccess to folder.

This was installed using Fantastico.

If I export (backup) my MySQL database, save my stub files, config files and image uploads will I be able to reinstate all of this and my settings on a new self-installed B2Evo installation?

...or is there a much simpler way to do this?

Basically what I'm trying to do is:

1. Achieve my own install of B2Evo, ie: NOT via Fantastico.

2. Have my blog running as folder.domain.com (already created)

Thanks, Nic

2 May 27, 2010 21:59

Merlin wrote:

sure..

1. download the latest package, upload it to your server and follow the insturcitons

2.b2evo has it as a setting, you can set each blog as myblog.domain.com myotherblog.domain.com

3 May 28, 2010 07:18

tilqicom wrote:

Merlin wrote:

sure..

1. download the latest package, upload it to your server and follow the insturcitons

2.b2evo has it as a setting, you can set each blog as myblog.domain.com myotherblog.domain.com

Hi Tilqi,

The problem is that I have spent ages setting up my existing installation and want to keep all of my posts, uploads, stubs, etc.

Is it possible to convert my existing installation from a folder-type to a subdomain-type?

Can I keep my existing installation remove whatever it is that tells Fantastico that it installed it?

Thanks, Nic

4 May 28, 2010 08:35

Merlin wrote:

The problem is that I have spent ages setting up my existing installation and want to keep all of my posts, uploads, stubs, etc.

Sure, you can keep all your data by exporting your sql, and downloading all of your b2evolution directory

Merlin wrote:

Is it possible to convert my existing installation from a folder-type to a subdomain-type?

yes, as i have told you there is a setting under blog settings to use a subdomain, have you checked it

remove whatever it is that tells Fantastico that it installed it?

Well, i have never used Fantastico before, so i have no idea about what your complaint is and what you are trying to 'remove'

5 May 28, 2010 15:21

Thanks Tilqi.

I decided on easier solution - seeing as how my friend who will be an equal contributor is much less of an IT person than I am - I've gone to Wordpress.

I checked out the blog settings but it wanted a new subdomain for each blog which isn't what I was after. :)

Thank you for help and time though.

Cheers, Nic

Form is loading...