Recent Topics

1 Jun 14, 2010 15:25    

I recently installed the latest version of B2evo on my hosts IIS 6 server. However when I try to retrieve a lost password I get the following message.

Sorry, the email with the link to reset your password could not be sent.
Possible reason: the PHP mail() function may have been disabled on the server.

URL http://soccerwebs.net/soccer/blogs/admin.php

I talked to the host support and they do indeed have the mail function disabled.

Is there a fairly simple workaround for this through B2evo? or is this something I need to configure on my servers end? or maybe both?

Thanks
Camster

2 Jun 15, 2010 15:59

As per the manual I took a look at how to work around the php mail problem using swift.
http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=14205

However it seems a little confusing as it has some old code on there and the version of swift is outdated.

It also says to replace some code starting on line 1565 but the code doesnt look anything like the provided fix? I have no idea where to start it and what to replace?

Anyway I thought I would try this forum one more time to see if there are any other suggestions. I prefer B2Evo over WPMU but if I cant get this mail problem solved the whole program is pretty much useless.

Thanks

3 Jun 15, 2010 16:51

The mail function is usually disabled on free hostings, isn't it easier to move to a paid one and enjoy all the features for just $3/month?

4 Jun 16, 2010 21:25

Actually its paid hosting and a lot more than 3 dollars a month

5 Jun 16, 2010 22:48

My host suggested using php code something like this:

Add the following code to the top of your email script if your mail script continues to fail.

// Please specify your Mail Server - Example: mail.yourdomain.com.
ini_set("SMTP","mail.YourDomain.com");

// Please specify an SMTP Number 25 and 8889 are valid SMTP Ports.
ini_set("smtp_port","25");

// Please specify the return address to use
ini_set('sendmail_from', 'ValidEmailAccount@YourDomain.com');

however I have no idea if it will work or where to put it. I found a getmail.php in the cron directory but thats as close as I can get. If someone could point me in the general direction I could probably work it out?
Thanks

7 Jun 19, 2010 14:48

Hi,you try this *your shite host removed best paid hosting service at very very cheap rate ,here only i make my website's at just $1.99 per year ,visit this site for more details.

Form is loading...