Recent Topics

1 Jun 15, 2010 15:01    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

I've looked through help files and posts and can't find a previous question about this.

I've installed the b2evolution (provided by my host) on my site and when it is finished and I get a link to access the site and admin but I keep getting an internal error. I've tried everything I can think of and still can't access it.

I've also installed the same thing on another of my sites (and another host) and it went through great - no problems at all.

Now this host says they don't support the b2evolution and that I need to ask you so I'm hoping you can help - or direct me to someone who can.

Thank you.
Buffie

2 Jun 15, 2010 17:13

Got to love how they don't support their server problems with software that they provide to you as part of your (paid? ... change hosts ) account.

Can you quote (copy/paste) the exact error?

¥

3 Jun 16, 2010 08:52

Yes, this is a paid host - both of the ones I mentioned are. The one with the problem is now telling me something about creating a data base but the install of b2evolution does that.

Here's the exact message I'm getting in the link that's supposed to be going to the admin php.

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, (here they give the link) and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Thanks for any help you can give - or maybe point me to where I need to go?

Buffie

4 Jul 09, 2010 05:49

I had the same problem. The issue was with the 777 permissions on the /blogs/ folder (which is specified in the installation instructions). This is what the support folks told me:

"The server is running SuExec. The scripts are run with the user of their owner, and not with the user of the web server (apache). Thus, if a script has to be able to write to a file/directory - world-writable permissions (like 777 or 666) are no longer needed. Actually, such permissions are considered as insecure and files with world-writable permissions will not be executed - the result will be "500 Server Error"

Long story short, change the permissions on the /blogs/ folder to 775 or 755 and see if it starts working. If so, you may want to change the permissions on any other 777 folders also.

5 Jul 09, 2010 09:15

i agree with amaxson.. if you are using suPhp, make sure you dont use 777..

In addition to that, check "file & folder ownerships" too.Sometimes there may be problems due to uid's..Do not use your "root" account to upload files to ftp..

use sth like

tail -f /var/log/httpd/domains/yourdomain.com.error.log

to see what's the cause

Form is loading...