Recent Topics

1 Jun 21, 2010 18:28    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3 (Latest)

I'm having an issue where smiley rendering takes priority over unicode characters.

The situation in which I encounter it most often involves putting some Korean characters inside brackets. A small snippet from my blog will illustrate:

"...Graduate School of International Studies (GSIS) at Korea University (KU/고려대). I'm in the..."

That's how I intend the post to appear. The result however, looks like this (during both preview and publishing):

"...Graduate School of International Studies (GSIS) at Korea University (KU/고려&#45824http://forums.b2evolution.net/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif. I'm in the..."

So what seems to be happening is that the html for the unicode character 대 is being inserted as &# 45824; (space added between # and 4 to prevent phpBB from rendering the unicode), and then the smiley script runs and picks up the ; at the end of the unicode reference next to the ) following it, and inserts a smiley instead, breaking the unicode reference in the process. (It may or may not be worth noting that the unicode for 대 is actual #458240, and the 0 just seems to disappear altogether).

Now, certainly I could just change the wink trigger in the plugin settings, or turn off the plugin altogether to fix this particular issue, but I was hoping there was a less "workaround-ish" fix for this that avoids the issue entirely rather than having to change triggers continually as the issue crops up in different ways.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Jul 02, 2010 03:19

There's no way to do this other than changing the plugin's behavior.
BTW why does b2evo encode Korean characters with entities, it should store them as is in the DB if you configured it right?

Form is loading...