Recent Topics

1 Jul 05, 2010 13:46    

My b2evolution Version: 1.8.x

Hi all,

Is there any way of mass moderating comments on a post?

Ideally I'm looking for something that would allow me a tick a check box on each comment I wish to publish and then click 'Publish All'. At the moment I have to click publish on each one individually and wait for the page to reload before I can publish the next one.

Does anything like this exist? Thanks.

2 Jul 05, 2010 13:55

i dont see any easy way to do this via a link in php, i wish comment_post_ID could be used as an url parameter

..?ctrl=comments&action=publish&comment_post_ID=485

where as 485 being the post ID, However b2 requires comment_ID to perform the action, which does not make sense for mentioned operation..

But i agree, there's gotta be an easy button to publish/deprecate/delete ALL comments post-wise blog-wise and install-wise

Anyway, you can do it with a simple line mysql query through phpmyadmin

UPDATE `b2_db`.`evo_comments` SET `comment_status` = 'published' WHERE `evo_comments`.`comment_post_ID` =13 ;

being 'b2_db' your database, 13 your post's ID

3 Jul 05, 2010 15:40

Thanks, though looking at that table and your SQL, surely using WHERE IN(x, y, z) using the comment ID would work?

That way I could be more selective which I publish, rather than publish/draft all the comments for a post.

UPDATE `b2_db`.`evo_comments` SET `comment_status` = 'published' WHERE `evo_comments`.`comment_ID` IN (13,14,15,18,22);

What do you think?

4 Jul 05, 2010 15:46

eyehawk78 wrote:

Thanks, though looking at that table and your SQL, surely using WHERE IN(x, y, z) using the comment ID would work?

That way I could be more selective which I publish, rather than publish/draft all the comments for a post.

UPDATE `b2_db`.`evo_comments` SET `comment_status` = 'published' WHERE `evo_comments`.`comment_ID` IN (13,14,15,18,22);

What do you think?

agreed, i missed the "checkboxes" part.. thought you wanted to publish all of them then i assume you dont have to go to phpmyadmin..

you can just combine url

.../admin.php?ctrl=comments&action=publish&comment_ID=221&220

but i guess rather than looking up comment id's in status bar, simple mouse middle clicks would do faster

Form is loading...