Recent Topics

1 Jul 08, 2010 20:50    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Okay, after reuploading and downloading everything multiple times I finally got my blog to show up.

The problem?

All the posts, comments, categories, setting and customs skins I made are missing. I made sure everything from the old blog got downloaded, every file, folder and subdirectory

and uploaded every single item in the blog

so what happened to my stuff?

2 Jul 08, 2010 23:07

use a decent ftp software.. for starters, you've mentioned about custom skins, check if your ../skins/my_custom_skin folder is in your ftp.And make sure you have imported the right sql db.other than that, a link might be useful

3 Jul 09, 2010 01:04

whoops. forgot about the link.

the blog is at http://www.bwillettcomics.com/nerdvana02

Importing the SQL database? All I did was transfer the files from the folder under the public_html folder in my site. Was there another set of files I should have transferred?

4 Jul 09, 2010 03:40

Obviously you havent imported anything at all and just made a new install.

You were supposed to :

1.) Download "ALL" of your b2 ftp root.
2.) Export your sql database.
3.) Upload the files to your new ftp root which you downloaded in 1.
4.) Import your exported sql database in 2.

clowprincess wrote:

Importing the SQL database? All I did was transfer the files from the folder under the public_html folder in my site. Was there another set of files I should have transferred?

SQL database is not "a set of files" it's a database that all your blog information and settings are stored in text format.You should have exported your database before you decide to move, and import it to your new host through phpmyadmin.If you dont know about the process, ask your hosting provider about it.I hope you did not get your old hosting account deleted yet.

5 Jul 09, 2010 17:03

I see.

Thanks a lot for the help, I really didn't understand how any of this worked. I still haven't deleted my old files and still have contact with my old host, so I'll go ask them.

Form is loading...