Recent Topics

1 Jul 29, 2010 20:58    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

I am using b2evolution 3.3.3. I have setup few blogs. All blogs are displayed in public blog list. But when I uncheck option under Blog Settings> Features>> Include in public blog list. Blog link disapears from list. I can not view blog link when login as administrator. Actually I want each user can view its own blog link not any other blog link.

2 Jul 30, 2010 03:01

Welcome to the forum!

You need a "Same owner's blog list" widget

3 Jul 30, 2010 09:56

Hi Muntazr,
Please don't PM myself, or other members, with your help requests when they should be a forum post like this one

¥

4 Jul 30, 2010 10:52

sam2kb thanks for your reply.

But I have already used "Same owner's blog list" widget. But when I use this widget. I got list of all blogs. It does not meet my requirment

According to my requirement blog list should change according to user.

For example I have two blogs i.e Blog1 and Blog2. I have to 2 uers as blogger. User1 can view blog1 and user2 can view blog2.

I want user1 can not view blog2 link and user2 can not view blog1 link.

I hope you will understand my requirment. I want to know is it possible or not.

5 Jul 30, 2010 17:52

According to my requirement blog list should change according to user.

For example I have two blogs i.e Blog1 and Blog2. I have to 2 uers as blogger. User1 can view blog1 and user2 can view blog2.

I want user1 can not view blog2 link and user2 can not view blog1 link.

This is exactly how the widget works. Don't forget that you (admin) are the owner of those blogs, that's why you see them all listed. What you need is assign user1 as owner of blog1, and user2 to blog2. You can do this on Blog settings > General tab

Administrators will always be able to access and manage blogs owned by other users

6 Jul 30, 2010 17:57

The blog list will always show the blogs owned by the same user as the blog id in the widget settings. What they appear to want is that the blog list will show the $current_User owned blogs, which isn't what it's designed to do ;)

¥

7 Jul 30, 2010 19:45

The blog list will always show the blogs owned by the same user as the blog id in the widget settings.

@¥åßßå I was pretty sure that it works the way muntazr described 8|

@muntazr
Anyway, that's what you may want to change to make it work for you
In inc/widgets/model/_widget.class.php line 500 replace

if( $filter == 'owner' )
{	// Load blogs of same owner
	$blog_array = $BlogCache->load_owner_blogs( $Blog->owner_user_ID, 'ID' );
}

with

if( $filter == 'owner' )
{	// Load blogs of same owner
	global $current_User;
	$user_ID = $Blog->owner_user_ID;
	if( is_logged_in() ) $user_ID = $current_User->ID;
	$blog_array = $BlogCache->load_owner_blogs( $user_ID, 'ID' );
}

8 Aug 02, 2010 18:51

sam2kb thanks for your reply.

Now it is working fine for different bloggers. Each one can view only his own blog.

But there is one issue. Now this rule is applied on the admin as well. Admin also can view only those blogs whose owner is admin. I think admin should be able to view all blogs. Other wise its working fine

Form is loading...