Recent Topics

1 Jul 30, 2010 22:45    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I downloaded the recent release today and installed. Installation itself went fine but when I click the link to log in to the admin screen this is what I get.

evoCore FrameWork
/inc folder

This folder holds the includes needed by the main PHP entry points.

This folder also holds the _main.inc.php file which handle the main initializations for the application.

The includes are grouped into "module" folders that group files pertaining to a specific functionality set (e-g: file management).
Controllers

Each module may contain one or more controllers identified by their suffix of .ctrl.php

Each controller is a PHP include file which implements the logic for manipulating a particular "set" of data. For example there could be a controller to handle general settings and another controller to handle local settings. Those two controllers may be found within the "settings" module.

Each HTTP request will typically get routed to precisely one controller (except for stub controllers) which means there will be one PHP include for that controller. Therefore it seems reasonable to make each controller as small as possible in order to minimize parsing/compiling/memory usage overhead. However, different actions on the same "set" of data -- like creating, editing and deleting the same data -- are closely related and, though they are not invoked at the same time, separating these actions into different controllers makes it harder to maintain the application over time when new fields or constraints are added to that set of data.

Thus, it is recommended to try and find the right tradeoff between the size of the controller and the logical grouping of actions into the same controller.
Model

Each module has a /model folder holding the Data Model for the module.

The Data Model is the translation of the "real world" data into how this data is processed in the computer memory. In other words, it is also a PHP representation of the SQL DBMS data.

There will typically be one PHP Class for each DB table. Each object (instance of that class) roughly maps to a row in the table. Of course the Class may/should implement more integrity rules than the DB table alone.

There may also typically be one PHP Cacheing Object/Class (a Class with a single instance actually) for many tables in the DB. The Cache object will optimize accesses the DB by avoiding repeated queries on the same data.

It is important to note that the Data Model may also include data manipulation functions that do not take the form of a class.
Views

Each module has a /views folder holding the Views for the module.

This folder holds PHP include files which output visible data (HTML) to the user. In other words, these views are PHP templates.

It is very important to understand that these views are very rough templates. For example a view may decide to output a list of users with 3 columns (Name, Login and Group). In another scenario it may output a list of Firstnames and Lastnames and group these by user Group. BUT either way, there are still additional layers of presentation which determine the exact rendering of the View (see the Admin skins /skins_adm folder).

It is also important to understand that a specific View can be called by different controllers. A contextual help block would be an example of that (provided the content is dynamic).

A single controller can also be calling several views in a row. (The controller can assemble multiple views).

Same if I try to go to index.php

When I look at the actual page files this info is not even contained?

Help! :oops: [/code]

2 Jul 30, 2010 23:00

I noticed several other files created by install. blog1.php, blog2.php, contact.php etc. No matter what file I load in the web browser only that page will appear.

Stranger...I can make up any file name like abcdef.php and I still get that same page? (OK this was done by .htaccess )

Still nothing but that page...no admin etc.

3 Jul 31, 2010 14:43

Welcome to the forum.

Can you post a link to your blog?

5 Aug 01, 2010 19:31

One reason I chose B2 was because of an extension to incorporate it into Joomla. I have not found a very workable blog extension for Joomla so decided to go this route.

So far I have not had good luck incorporating a blog here.

6 Aug 01, 2010 19:32

If anyone is around today (Sunday) with some ideas this would be great as I have some spare time to try to sort this out today.

7 Aug 01, 2010 19:38

Your server dies trying to display a page. It's probably related to your Joomla installation.

Do you have the file .htaccess in domain root directory? Rename it to _htaccess and see if the blog works. Or better post its content here.

8 Aug 01, 2010 19:47

Good of you to wait 60 seconds before you bumped your post .. and on a sunday ... just for the record, I just pulled a 12 hour day so 60 seconds is hardly giving me chance to even notice your problem never mind respond :|

1) check your htaccess
2) see 1
3) if you bump your posts again I'll ban your arse from the forums ... did I mention I just had a long ballache 12 hour sunday working my arse off?

¥

9 Aug 01, 2010 20:12

sam2kb wrote:

Your server dies trying to display a page. It's probably related to your Joomla installation.

Do you have the file .htaccess in domain root directory? Rename it to _htaccess and see if the blog works. Or better post its content here.

I just tried that...no difference. Put .htaccess back to original to avoid problems with the Joomla.

Note there is no connection between the B2 and the Joomla install yet. They remain isolated from each other with different DB and directory.

10 Aug 01, 2010 20:13

¥åßßå wrote:

3) if you bump your posts again I'll ban your arse from the forums.

¥

What does this mean "bump your post" I did not even know there was such a function! If I did it was accidental?

11 Aug 01, 2010 20:27

It's where you reply to your own post before any other input

Post the contents of your .htaccess

¥

12 Aug 01, 2010 20:39

¥åßßå wrote:

It's where you reply to your own post before any other input

Post the contents of your .htaccess

¥

Sorry I thought it might be helpful to add anything new for anyone who offered to help. I will refrain from adding anything unless specifically asked from now on. Here is the .htaccess unmodified as provided in the install package.

# Apache configuration for the blog folder
# Lines starting with # are considered as comments.

# PHP SECURITY:
# this will make register globals off in the evo directory
<IfModule mod_php4.c>
	php_flag register_globals off
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
	php_flag register_globals off
</IfModule>

# PHP5
# This may need to be in each folder:
# AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php

# CLEAN URLS:
# If you're using Apache 2, you may wish to try this if clean URLs don't work:
# AcceptPathInfo	On

# DEFAULT DOCUMENT TO DISPLAY:
# this will select the default blog template to be displayed
# if the URL is just .../blogs/
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
	DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
</IfModule>

# CATCH EVERYTHING INTO B2EVO:
# The following will allow you to have a blog running right off the site root,
# using index.php as a stub but not showing it in the URLs.
# This will add support for URLs like:  http://example.com/2006/08/29/post-title
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine On

# This line may be needed or not.
	# enabling this would prevent running ina subdir like /blog/index.php
	# This has been disabled in v 4.0.0-alpha. Please let us know if you find it needs to be enabled.
	# RewriteBase /

# Redirect anything that's not an existing directory or file to index.php:
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
	RewriteRule ^ index.php
</IfModule>

13 Aug 01, 2010 20:57

RewriteBase /blogs/

How about Joomla's .htaccess ? Can you post it?

14 Aug 01, 2010 22:18

sam2kb wrote:

RewriteBase /blogs/

How about Joomla's .htaccess ? Can you post it?

Sure...sorry had a power outage here...

This was disabled to try without but same problem.
I also did the original install without ever involving the /root and went directly to /blogs

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.joethevoter\.org [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.joethevoter.org/$1 [L,R=301]
</IfModule>

##
# @version $Id: htaccess.txt 10492 2008-07-02 06:38:28Z ircmaxell $
# @package Joomla
# @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2008 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved.
# @license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL
# Joomla! is Free Software
##

#####################################################
#  READ THIS COMPLETELY IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS FILE
#
# The line just below this section: 'Options +FollowSymLinks' may cause problems
# with some server configurations.  It is required for use of mod_rewrite, but may already
# be set by your server administrator in a way that dissallows changing it in
# your .htaccess file.  If using it causes your server to error out, comment it out (add # to
# beginning of line), reload your site in your browser and test your sef url's.  If they work,
# it has been set by your server administrator and you do not need it set here.
#
#####################################################

##  Can be commented out if causes errors, see notes above.
Options +FollowSymLinks

#
#  mod_rewrite in use

RewriteEngine On

########## Begin - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits
## If you experience problems on your site block out the operations listed below
## This attempts to block the most common type of exploit `attempts` to Joomla!
#
# Block out any script trying to set a mosConfig value through the URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} mosConfig_[a-zA-Z_]{1,21}(=|\%3D) [OR]
# Block out any script trying to base64_encode crap to send via URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} base64_encode.*\(.*\) [OR]
# Block out any script that includes a <script> tag in URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (\<|%3C).*script.*(\>|%3E) [NC,OR]
# Block out any script trying to set a PHP GLOBALS variable via URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} GLOBALS(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) [OR]
# Block out any script trying to modify a _REQUEST variable via URL
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} _REQUEST(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2})
# Send all blocked request to homepage with 403 Forbidden error!
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php [F,L]
#
########## End - Rewrite rules to block out some common exploits

#  Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL
#  is not directly related to physical file paths.
#  Update Your Joomla! Directory (just / for root)

# RewriteBase /

########## Begin - Joomla! core SEF Section
#
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) index.php
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]
#
########## End - Joomla! core SEF Section

15 Aug 01, 2010 22:31

Let's see if playing with b2evo's .htaccess fixes the problem

Make sure you have the following file /blogs/.htaccess
With this content

# CATCH EVERYTHING INTO B2EVO:
# The following will allow you to have a blog running right off the site root,
# using index.php as a stub but not showing it in the URLs.
# This will add support for URLs like:  http://example.com/2006/08/29/post-title
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
   RewriteEngine On

# This line may be needed or not.
   # enabling this would prevent running ina subdir like /blog/index.php
   # This has been disabled in v 4.0.0-alpha. Please let us know if you find it needs to be enabled.
   RewriteBase /blogs/

# Redirect anything that's not an existing directory or file to index.php:
   RewriteRule ^ index.php
</IfModule>

If the blog will still not load, keep this file anyway.
We'll have to edit Joomla's .htaccess in root directory

16 Aug 01, 2010 22:55

No change

do you know where this page is coming from?

17 Aug 01, 2010 23:04

The page is coming from /blogs/inc/index.html, but it doesn't really matter.
Again, try to rename/disable .htaccess file in domain root while leaving the one from /blogs/ directory. The blog should work then.

You can also PM me your FTP password and I'll try to fix the problem.

18 Aug 01, 2010 23:15

sam2kb wrote:

The page is coming from /blogs/inc/index.html, but it doesn't really matter.
Again, try to rename/disable .htaccess file in domain root while leaving the one from /blogs/ directory. The blog should work then.

You can also PM me your FTP password and I'll try to fix the problem.

I renamed the .htaccess file in /root but there is no change.

Stand by I will set up a temporary FTP log in for you to use.

BRB

19 Aug 02, 2010 00:14

Some (at least 3) b2evo files were corrupted during upload process.

20 Aug 02, 2010 17:49

Paulkruger wrote:

Sorry I thought it might be helpful to add anything new for anyone who offered to help. I will refrain from adding anything unless specifically asked from now on.

I have zero problem with posts that "add value", what I mind is when you make 3 posts in 3 minutes ( with no other replies in between ) that don't add value.

Paulkruger wrote:

http://www.joethevoter.org/blogs

Paulkruger wrote:

One reason I chose B2 was because of an extension to incorporate it into Joomla. I have not found a very workable blog extension for Joomla so decided to go this route.

So far I have not had good luck incorporating a blog here.

Paulkruger wrote:

If anyone is around today (Sunday) with some ideas this would be great as I have some spare time to try to sort this out today.

It's much better to hit the edit button on the first of those posts and add your new bits yeah?

sam2kb wrote:

Some (at least 3) b2evo files were corrupted during upload process.

Glad it's resolved ;)

¥

21 Aug 02, 2010 18:25

I did consider this to be a rather rude "welcome" to a new user. Is this how you greet all new forum members?

3) if you bump your posts again I'll ban your arse from the forums ... did I mention I just had a long ballache 12 hour sunday working my arse off? 

Sorry if my three posts woke you up.

I do not know you, so I don't know why you assumed this post was some how designed to personally make you angry.

How would I know you were too tired to read three posts instead of a single edited post containing the exact information? If you were so tired why did you even reply instead of letting someone else help?

Why would I assume you would be the only person in the forum who might help me with a problem since I did not specifically address any one person?

Fortunately a met a very nice person here who was able to help me out.

Get some rest.

22 Aug 02, 2010 18:40

Oh yeah, you're a new user, Welcome to the forums :D

As I said, I'd had a ballache of a sunday ... today's not much better, but weekdays are meant to be workdays yeah?

Bumping posts is against netiquette, it's not just me that will find them annoying, a single post ( no matter how many times it's edited ), will only show "once" as a new post, so those that have read and don't have an answer ( for whatever reason ) don''t get "ohhh you haven't read new stuff" garishly designed icon that obliges them to re-read the thread.

Those that care tend to notice edits ;)

Anyway, sorry my sunday impacted on your sunday, hope your monday was better ;)

¥

*edit

Is this how you greet all new forum members?

I normally don't welcome new users at all, unless they have an interesting problem, you should feel special! ;)

Note : My cool use of the edit button, knowing you will read this ;)

23 Aug 02, 2010 19:04

¥åßßå wrote:

Oh yeah, you're a new user, Welcome to the forums :D

As I said, I'd had a ballache of a sunday ... today's not much better, but weekdays are meant to be workdays yeah?

Anyway, sorry my sunday impacted on your sunday, hope your monday was better ;)

I normally don't welcome new users at all, unless they have an interesting problem, you should feel special! ;)

Note : My cool use of the edit button, knowing you will read this ;)

Sunday got better as soon as someone helped me solve the problem. Mondays are hectic but otherwise good. Hope you have a better week than your Sunday was.

24 Aug 02, 2010 19:10

Me to :D

Note : "someone" is Alex, he got made an admin for a bloody good reason ( or two :P ), I'm sure he appreciates your thanks, you'd be amazed at how many users don't bother once their problem is solved (netiquette anal rule # .... urm, 100 or summat).

There's hope for you yet :D

¥

25 Aug 03, 2010 10:27

There's hope for you yet

;D There were enough thanks from Paulkruger in my PM box ;D

Form is loading...