Recent Topics

1 Aug 01, 2010 20:11    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I moved blog1.php to root and renamed it index.php, I changed the dirname(__FILE__). in it to '/evolution/blogs/conf/_config.php'
The catagories didn't work untill I set them under urls to all use param.

Right now everything looks to be working ok except when I try to login to admin. It logs in ok but the admin bar at the top don't pop up and the login link still shows on my blog. If I click the link to one of the linked blogs that I didn't move, the admin bar comes up and lets me do all the edit stuff like I'm logged in.

What do I need to change to make the main blog think I've loged in

2 Aug 02, 2010 00:55

let me clarify it lets me login to backoffice just fine, but if I just click login it will take me back to the blog without the admin functions at the top. Also if I make some change in backoffice and want to view the blog, it will log me out.

3 Aug 02, 2010 08:43

geo wrote:

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I moved blog1.php to root and renamed it index.php, I changed the dirname(__FILE__). in it to '/evolution/blogs/conf/_config.php'

and why did you do that ? Whatever you were trying to do, the above is possibly not the right way to do it.. You should roll back your changes and tell us what you need

4 Aug 02, 2010 22:06

I wanted the blog to be at the root of my site, not at www.mysite.com/evolution/blog/. Right now it's working, I can login to backoffice but everytime I view my blog it logs me out.

I'm thinking it's something simple to fix, perhapse a line in the login.php

5 Aug 03, 2010 03:37

You need to configure your domain to point to '/path/to/evlution/blogs'.

6 Aug 03, 2010 03:42

I did that but then when you go to the site it will show the whole path, I don't want the path to show.

7 Aug 03, 2010 04:15

First, you need to reverse the changes you already made, as tilqicom has suggested to you.

If you want your blog to be at the root of your site, the easiest solution is to actually move your blog to the root of your site... not just one file. Pack up the whole kit and kaboodle (all the folders and all the files in your 'blog' folder) and move them to the root of your webserver.

Then edit your '/conf/_basic_conf.php' file and change the $baseurl variable to the appropriate url.

8 Aug 03, 2010 06:11

Yes I can just copy everything from the blog folder and move it to root...it will break all the pictures in my blog but ok that i can fix.

but then what happens if I want to have another blog under a subdomain? I was just going to make a folder, point the subdomain to it and put the blog file in there. Do I need to put another copy of b2evolution in there instead?

As of now my blog works fine, backoffice works fine except it kicked me out when I go to view my blog so I keep having to relogin to do changes.

I had a brief look at the login.php and I think it's only going to take a few lines of code to fix this...it's something to do with the redirect after your login authenticates. I was just too lazy and looking for a quick fix, I'll take a better look tomorrow.

9 Aug 04, 2010 06:54

well setting the blog base url in admin to either default blog or explicit param worked.

Form is loading...