Recent Topics

1 Sep 19, 2010 22:52    

My b2evolution Version:

Under Customize, Blog Widgets I used the Free HTML widget to add a link back to my website from under the blog. But the color of the link is wrong. I've tried using "nav" as a class and "selected" but that doesn't make it white like the other text. Do you know what the CSS class for the field belog the Edit Widget box should be? It says: Replaces $wi_class$ in your skins containers.

Blog is located at http://www.nixonvs.com/blog/index.php.

Thank you in advance anyone.

2 Sep 19, 2010 22:53

Oh, and link is obvious. It's the one that says Back to Nixon Virtual Strategies.

3 Sep 20, 2010 01:12

The supplied link doesn't go to a b2evo blog.

5 Sep 20, 2010 02:29

Sorry... I had a 'duh' moment. :oops:

I'm asssuming you are adding this Free HTML widget to the 'Menu' container of your skin. You simply need to surround your widget's html with <li></li> tags.

Your widget code should look like:

<li><a href="http://www.nixonvs.com">Back to Nixon Virtual Strategies</a></li>

You won't need to do any unnecessary styling as long as you leave the 'CSS Class' field empty in the widget settings. It should be styled exactly like the other links in the menu.

6 Sep 22, 2010 00:10

Hey Bush! You are wonderful. Thanks so much and sorry for the slow delay. Was updating some forms and dealing with a couple of clients. I'm back in business.

BTW, how'd you know that? I mean, I don't know how I couldn't see that right off. So it's okay you had a *duh* moment, you came back with flying colors.

7 Sep 22, 2010 00:47

No problem!

BTW, how'd you know that?

I'd like to say that it's because of my extensive knowledge of b2evo and all things html and php in general... but really it's because I'm lazy and hate messing with CSS, so I quickly figured out how to make simple skin changes with the least amount of effort required. ;)

8 Sep 22, 2010 00:53

Ahhh, yes. The lazy technique. I bow to you oh masterful lazy one.

See you soon again (I'm sure).

9 Sep 22, 2010 00:58

Ahh, and I see you use the same skin. Seems the most popular, especially when you strip it down and make it what you want it to be. I got rid of the bricks in the background and you see what I did to the top with the animated gif. And I love how you have my boyfriend as the latest post - LOVE Stewart!! So smart and so damned funny!

Oh my, can I say damned? Oh shoot, said it twice now. Sorry.

Damn.

Form is loading...