Recent Topics

1 Sep 28, 2010 19:13    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

Hi Everyone,
Just completed 2nd attempt at installing b2evolution and hit a brick wall with '.evocache folder Read/Write error check file permissions'
I have gone through all the file permissions as mentioned and ran script to check permissions as well and there do not appear to be any problems.
Appreciate any help in sorting this out
Many thanks

2 Sep 29, 2010 00:59

You may need to set 777 permissions recursively on all directories inside media folder

3 Sep 29, 2010 10:16

sam2kb wrote:

You may need to set 777 permissions recursively on all directories inside media folder

Hi sam2kb thanks for reply.
I have done this already and also manually created the .evocache folder. In desperation on my first attempt I gave 777 permissions to evrything, this also made no difference.
I note that if I click on the Black thumbnail I do get larger image (don't know if that helps). By the way this is an out the box install and no plugins etc have been added
Cheers

John

4 Sep 29, 2010 18:11

In desperation on my first attempt I gave 777 permissions to everything

Do you mean other folders like inc, skins etc? You shouldn't do it, change them to 750 or 755 (if 750 doesn't work for you)

Is PHP running as user nobody? Can you post that from Tools > System page ?

5 Sep 29, 2010 20:35

sam2kb wrote:

Is PHP running as user nobody? Can you post that from Tools > System page ?

No it is apache (uid 48)

The File permission change was only on my first attempt as I was running out of ideas. The current install is exactly as instructions.

6 Oct 02, 2010 01:08

No it is apache (uid 48)

This is no better than "nobody" :)

Anyway, you need to ask your hosting company to check user/group permissions on media directory, and make sure user "apache" has write access on it.

Form is loading...