Recent Topics

1 Oct 30, 2010 17:16    

My b2evolution Version: most recent

i'm starting to use the blog by email function... so far everything works perfectly, for the most part.

the only problem i'm having is that the emails either: are taking forever to be posted, or they don't post at all (but b2evo is getting them).

in either case, the verbose link under the email settings show that the post has been read/posted from the email. no probs getting the email to/read by b2evo... just getting it posted to the blog.

i'm just wondering if there's a way to make sure these things get posted, and if there's a way to make sure they get posted a little quicker.

2 Oct 30, 2010 18:37

basically what the prob is, is b2evo doesn't post the email until i go into the backoffice and hit that verbose link.

kinda irritating, defeats point of posting via email.

4 Oct 31, 2010 06:30

What verbose link are talking about?

5 Oct 31, 2010 16:01

global settings > features > blog by email

there's a link that says "verbose" that shows you exactly what b2evo does to get the email.

i mean, technically everything works fine, i just don't like how long it takes for b2evo to post the email... anyway to make it be instant? or at least faster?

6 Oct 31, 2010 17:13

It sounds like you have everything set up... except for scheduled jobs.

Without properly configured scheduled jobs, b2evo has no way of knowing that it needs to go check your email server (unless you click the "verbose" link, obviously).

You either need a cronjob (or scheduled task) set up on your server to execute "/path/to/php /real/path/to/your/b2evo/install/cron/getmail.php" at regular intervals...

or,

an automated script on a local machine that "touches" http://your.domain.tld/blog/cron/getmail.php at regular intervals.

If "Blog by Email" is working for you at all right now... it's because some evil web-bot is hitting the getmail.php file, and accidentally doing you a favor. ;)

7 Oct 31, 2010 21:38

ok cool... how do i set up a cron job? lol :)

8 Oct 31, 2010 21:42

well i think i got it lol... thx :)

Form is loading...