Recent Topics

1 Nov 18, 2010 03:41    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I just started hosting a b2evolution blog on my local 100 Mbit dedicated server. The mail() function does not work since I didn't get an SMTP server started. I finally got one running and now I get an error stating that I need to use some damn server relay when I try emailing to @gmail emails and some error stating that I'm on the "spamhaus" list when I try with @yahoo emails using the PHP mail() function on a test script I wrote. My SMTP server log displays all the errors. So... What should someone do in this situation? How will I get my emails to reach my visitors?

2 Nov 18, 2010 13:53

So... What should someone do in this situation?

First you'll have to get your server off of Spamhaus' list. Spamhaus has guidelines to achieve this.

Basically, it sounds like your mail server is an open relay and needs to be re-configured to eliminate it's lazy and insecure tendencies. If it's under your control, you'll have to do this yourself. If not... you'll have to bring it to your provider's attention.

3 Nov 19, 2010 00:14

I'm running the server on my local computer. I only need to remove my server from Spamhaus' list?

4 Nov 19, 2010 03:31

I'm running the server on my local computer. I only need to remove my server from Spamhaus' list?

You're going to have a hard time getting any other mail servers to accept mail from a SMTP server on your local machine... unless it's configured with a fully-qualified domain name.

Just so I understand completely: b2evo is running on a dedicated server and the SMTP server is running on your local computer? Or are they both running on the same server that IS your local computer?

Form is loading...