Recent Topics

1 Nov 18, 2010 15:42    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.3

I've bought a new domain and wanted to transfer my blog over, so i backed up the db, dragged the original directory to my desktop, installed be2vo on my new domain, copied over the directory and imported the db.

At first, everything showed up, but the initial 'backup' hadn't finished, so I reuploaded and now I get this:

(mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'xxx_n0rmal'@'localhost' (using password: YES))

Where can I edit this so that I can change the user xxx to yyy?

**EDIT**

Decided to kill the previous installation and start afresh, only uploading the media folder and skin and it seems to be fine, however I'm not sure if (somehow) it is still routed to the old server database or not.

2 Nov 18, 2010 17:46

you have to edit your conf/basic_config.php according to your new server details after you have uploaded, that is unless you haven't used the same db_user db_user password and db_name

3 Nov 18, 2010 22:48

hmm, because I uploaded the media folder and used the backed up db from before and it seems to be ok.

I've created a post on the old and new blog and neither show up in the other (if that makes sense).

the basic_config.php is showing the info from the new blog as it should

Form is loading...