Recent Topics

1 Aug 25, 2004 20:51    

I installed b2evo, then went out to find a happy new skin or two.
choosen ones are wpc_flower and wpc_zen

my problem is that when i install them and set them (either of them) to display i get this error message

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/mystic/public_html/blog1/skins/wpc_zen/_main.php on line 16C

This is the first time i've tried to use b2evo, so if its some newbie error I appologize in advance. I checked the varous FAQs on the site and here and didnt find anything helpfull.

Thanks
~JM

2 Aug 25, 2004 20:55

Jm,

What version of b2evo are you using?

3 Aug 25, 2004 20:58

i didnt think of that.
its 0.8.6.2, it was provided by my hosting company through fantastico
i guess i need to get them to change it then probly hrm?

4 Aug 25, 2004 21:02

Yep. That's the problem.

Those WPC skins are designed with 0.9.0.x in mind. You can probably update it yourself, tho. Click on "Download" at the top of this page, and follow the instructions included in the "doc" folder in the zip. You will have to actually delete some folders and upload the new versions, or things wont' work quite right. Also, old skins (0.8.x versions) might not work in the new (0.9.0.x) version.

I'd recommend 0.9.0.10. We've had remarkably few actual bugs reported.

5 Aug 25, 2004 21:05

awesome thanks, i didnt even think of that i just assumed the host place gave us the latest release.

6 Aug 25, 2004 22:00

Tell your host to update or upgrade their Fantastico, as Fantastico currently has the latest version. If the bandwidth thing doesn't bother you too much you should just download .9.0.10 and upload it to your server then follow the upgrade instructions. The upgrade will take care of dealing with the tables that Fantastico built for you. That's how I did all my installs, then just happen to notice my host finally got the latest version for me.

7 Aug 25, 2004 22:13

well i tried to upgrade it my self but apparently it requires a mysql database login/pw that i dont have

i wonder how long it will take them to up grade

8 Aug 25, 2004 22:18

You do too have that!

Can you ftp to your site? If so, open up blogs/conf/_config.php and take a look in there. You'll see your username and password and server in there.

9 Aug 25, 2004 22:57

/swoon you are so helpful,

found the login info, had issues with upgrading so i decided to just delete it all (uninstalled from fantastico). then i figured out (through cpanel) that i can manually created a mysql database. did that and installed fresh new version!

the flowery skin works, but is there a way on the Zen one ot make that side bar menu thing actually stay on the side instead of running down the middle of my page?

*edit*
never mind that last question. i'm a newb. everythings working great, thanks again for the help

10 Aug 26, 2004 01:37

Welcome to the wonderful world of powerful direct access B)

To change the layout around, you'll have to edit the CSS and/or the _main.php files in the skin. If you have any questions about CSS or XHTML stuffs, please post them on the [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewforum.php?f=2]client-side stuff board[/url]. Thanks :)

Form is loading...