Recent Topics

1 Dec 19, 2010 06:09    

The plugin displays the most popular search engine terms used to find your blog, in a tag-cloud-like list.

The plugin works in b2evolution v3.0 or higher
If you are still running an outdated b2evo 1 or 2 get an older plugin [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?t=11544]from here[/url]

[url=http://www.sonorth.com/travel/download/BHWXOKWAWP]Download v2.1.1[/url]

Synopsis: Add a cloud-like display of the most popular search terms that visitors have used, via search engines, to find your blog. Parameters and settings provide ample means by which you can customize this list and display it on your blog. Adds an interesting feature to your blog and provides some insight about your audience.

Features
- Improved performance
- Full UTF-8 support
- Option to display search terms with unique target URLs only
- Filter words and URLs using regular expressions

2 Dec 19, 2010 12:55

Great! I've been waiting for this, i even tried to update the plugin myself once, you'd guess how that ended (:

just one thing, you might want to add css via add_headline instead of loading another external stylesheet

3 Dec 19, 2010 18:21

i keep getting errors like:

Additional information about the error:
MySQL error!
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE sc_ID = '7'' at line 4(Errno=1064)
Your query:
UPDATE evo_plugin_search_cloud_58_cache
          SET sc_cache_time = '1292768126',
            sc_cache_data = "PGRpdiBjb...insert_a_thousand_character_longtext..asdd8734SG=",

WHERE sc_ID = '7'

4 Dec 19, 2010 22:42

May I connect to your server and check the plugin?

5 Dec 19, 2010 23:18

just one thing, you might want to add css via add_headline instead of loading another external stylesheet

I hope in the near future b2evo will bundle all external scripts into a single compressed file. External scripts get cached in browsers while embedded scripts load with every page view.

6 Dec 19, 2010 23:25

sam2kb wrote:

May I connect to your server and check the plugin?

Sure, the details are the same as i pm'ed you last time.pm'ed you agian, in case you lost em.
sam2kb wrote:

I hope in the near future b2evo will bundle all external scripts into a single compressed file. External scripts get cached in browsers while embedded scripts load with every page view.

I sure hope so. But in this case, i would prefer one less http request over 400 bytes of cached data.

7 Dec 19, 2010 23:27

sam2kb wrote:

I hope in the near future b2evo will bundle all external scripts into a single compressed file.

Speaking of which

/* The following are now requested in _skin.class.php::display_init() -- please see note there */
/* @import url("../../rsc/css/basic.css");	/* Import basic styles */
/* @import url("../../rsc/css/blog_base.css");	/* Import default blog navigation styles */
/* @import url("item.css");	/* Import blog content styles */

The above is an outrage.I don't understand why these 3 files need to be imported seperately.Yes it might be commented in above, but it is not in many core skins.

8 Dec 20, 2010 00:56

Well it doesn't dramatically slow down page load, plus it gives more flexibility.
Anyway, if you want your blog pages to load instantly you better wait for my Super Cache plugin release ;)

9 Dec 20, 2010 01:51

There was an extra comma in SQL statement. I fixed it on your server.

10 Dec 20, 2010 01:57

sam2kb wrote:

There was an extra comma in SQL statement. I fixed it on your server.

thank you, much appreciated

sam2kb wrote:

Well it doesn't dramatically slow down page load, plus it gives more flexibility.
Anyway, if you want your blog pages to load instantly you better wait for my Super Cache plugin release ;)

Generally speaking, i am not a big fan of "caching". but i will be waiting to try it out (:

11 Dec 20, 2010 03:17

Caching is not necessary if b2evo gets < 50 000 hits/day on average VPS. Otherwise server performance goes down and page load time goes up.

12 Mar 04, 2012 03:45

Any chance we could get "per page/post" version of this widget, as well as blog one ?

It has made a huge impact on my website, its very useful since %90 of my visits are based on search engines.

13 Mar 04, 2012 03:53

You can call it from skin files with different params. Something like this should work, just pick your own params.

$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_searchcloud', array(
	'unique_urls' => true,
	'order' => 'shuffle',
    ) ); 

14 Mar 04, 2012 03:59

sam2kb wrote:

You can call it from skin files with different params. Something like this should work, just pick your own params.

$Plugins->call_by_code( 'evo_searchcloud', array(
	'unique_urls' => true,
	'order' => 'shuffle',
    ) ); 

But it will still display incoming searches for the blog right ?

I want the search terms for that page/post, which lead the user to that individual post/page.

15 Mar 04, 2012 04:01

Shoot, I just noticed that I fixed a bug long time ago, and forgot to release the update 8|

Plugin updated to v2.1.0
A huge bug was fixed causing the plugin to print SQL query to the public every 60 minutes.

16 Mar 04, 2012 04:03

Ok, I see what you mean. No it doesn't work that way.
Let me see if b2evo v5 tracks this kind of info...

17 Mar 04, 2012 04:17

sam2kb wrote:

Shoot, I just noticed that I fixed a bug long time ago, and forgot to release the update 8|

Plugin updated to v2.1.0
A huge bug was fixed causing the plugin to print SQL query to the public every 60 minutes.

Fck. : D I updated the plugin.

Isnt there a way we can publish announcements on admin page as plugin/skin authors ? It would come handy for such urgent fixes or regular update notifications.

If not in global backoffice, at least in the relevant section (skins/plugins), or worst case, plugin's/skin's settings screen ?

Yabba's BOPIT was a great attempt at putting all extensions all together, unfortunately it has been discontinued and no one picked it from there.

We need some kind of a solution for letting users know they are using a VERY outdated / faulty version of the extension.

18 Mar 04, 2012 04:21

No, v5 currently does not record search targets like post or category. I can probably do that in plugin, will work on it tomorrow.

---

I had an idea to make a central extensions repository and display update info. Haven't found time for it yet. I totally agree that it's a very important feature.

19 Mar 04, 2012 04:22

Well, my paid plugins already display update notifications :)

20 Mar 04, 2012 04:26

sam2kb wrote:

Well, my paid plugins already display update notifications :)

display them where ? in backoffice header/footer like the b2 release notif.s ?

22 Mar 04, 2012 04:31

sam2kb wrote:

On "Plugins" page

fair enough. any core functions to do that ? Or is that a custom hack of yours, and would you mind sharing it ?

25 Mar 04, 2012 08:42

Not sure if that's hourly, though. I noticed this in my two blogs, which i just new added a search cloud to.

On an unrelated note, "min-font-size","max-font-size" parameters in the widget would come handy.Right now, one of my blogs are showing a few searches real odd; ie some with 3px fsize, and some with 36px since there were very few results.

26 Mar 04, 2012 20:39

The darn files were not updated after I uploaded a newer version.

Please re-download the plugin and reinstall it

27 Jul 13, 2012 01:13

Plugin updated to v2.1.1

A minor layout problem is fixed, nothing to worry about.

28 Nov 25, 2012 15:56

Alex wrote:

No, v5 currently does not record search targets like post or category. I can probably do that in plugin, will work on it tomorrow.

Any updates on this ?

29 Nov 25, 2012 18:20

I gotta check it. They may have added this already.

30 Jul 10, 2013 15:11

Got below errors after 5.0.4 upgrade

Notice: Undefined offset: -1 in ../public_html/plugins/search_cloud_plugin/_search_cloud.plugin.php on line 298

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in ../public_html/plugins/search_cloud_plugin/_search_cloud.plugin.php on line 298

the line reads:

$min = $rows[(count($search_stats)-1)]->count;

Form is loading...