Recent Topics

1 Aug 28, 2004 05:23    

i have seen posts about the next and previous links, but this problem is really strange.

i dont know if it is only on my browser so you can check,

http://www.outofstyle.net/index.php?p=42&more=1&c=1

what is going wrong when i view this, is that the first view of the page will show prev/next at the end of all the posts. then once those are clicked, while viewing a new entry, the prev/next move up to the top right corner, and then this pushes my sidebar over to the bottom right, completely outside of the entire wrapper.

if you can see this problem please see what needs to be done.

i will be watching this and rather than posting the code for every page involved, take a look and request specific codes and i will add it asap.

thanks for any help, brandon

2 Aug 31, 2004 10:12

i see your problem using firefox too. i dunno if this will solve the problem, but did you put your prev/next codes OUTSIDE the <div class="bPosts">? you may have closed one more </div> than you should have? just a guess.

3 Sep 01, 2004 00:32

i tried to close another div and open another one as well, but both had horrible results. i can't see where it went wrong. i will try to count all the

</div>'s and <div>'s 

on the page and see if they match up.

4 Sep 01, 2004 02:26

I messed up my divs often enough that I developed a work-arond that I stick by now. Move all your lines up against the edge in your editor. Now each time you have a div on a line the next line down (and all subsequent lines) gets a tab. Each time you have a /div the next line down (and all subsequent lines) get one less tab. I also use empty lines between 'major sections' to further visualize the flow of the page. Never mind proper code protocols like ifs and switches and stuff - just make it so it shows you when you go into and come out of your divs. When things get really complicated (div-wise) you might find yourself tabbing in 4 or 5 tabs, but the idea is if you don't make it back out by the time the major section is done you must have missed something. If you come back to the margin too quickly you probably found an extra /div.

Anyway it has worked for me. Counting might come up with the right number but it won't tell you if you opened and closed them in the correct sequence.

5 Sep 01, 2004 04:45

thanks for all the suggestions. i did think of this and double and triple checked but to no avail. i also have realized that if it were a div problem, then it would be wrong even the first time that i clicked the link. for some reason, when i click the "more" for an entry with an extension, it shows the next/previous link at the bottom. then when i click one of those links to view the next/previous post, it shows the next/previous page link in the top right...

unless individual entries have a different template that is not main, i will leave it as is without having the navigation for individual posts.

Form is loading...