Recent Topics

1 Jan 30, 2011 02:15    

As I'm not getting help in this thread http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=13105 so I'm opening a new one to see if anyone can help me.
I know the only person left working at the forum is sam2kb and he is too busy to answer all threads... Francois Planque is ABSOLUTELY absent and doesn't care about what is happening here AT ALL.
Unfortunately I'm stuck with b2evolution with some blogs I have. If there was a way of migrating somewhere else I would. I'm tired of having to ask for help and not getting any or getting it late and incomplete.

This is the case:

I have installed Tag Cloud. But all terms that are accented or in Non-English character, when clicking on those words, go to a 404 page or a page that says the word is not found.
The reason is that b2evolution (or some ghost, or Apache...) turns the URL with the accented character into a different URL. Example:

http://www.literanova.net/index.php/tag/alberto+hernández

Turns into this:

http://www.literanova.net/index.php/tag/alberto+hern%E1ndez

I have locale to UTF-8 and checked that Database is in UTF. Played around with b2evolution URLs section... checked everywhere I could think of but I can find no solution.

What is even more weird is that this behavior only happens to visitors, Logged users get the links right!!!

Does anybody know of a way to fix this?

2 Jan 30, 2011 02:56

Again, you seem to be focusing on the TagCloud plugin, when that is not the issue. The issue is how the urls of tags (with non-english characters) are being generated... period.

Look at your posts, find one that has a tag with a non-english character and you'll see you have the same problem there, too.

Categories with special characters work... post titles with special characters work... just not tags.

I know I'm not a lot of help with this issue, but I'm giving you advice on where NOT to look... and that's the TagCloud plugin.

Have you checked all three locale settings (Global, Blog, and User) to make sure everything matches up?

3 Jan 30, 2011 03:03

yea the forums are dead.

as far as your issue goes, i have tried registering to your blog to see what the issue is, but i guess your registrations are disabled.

Just to make sure;

1.Check if your plugin's table's collation is set to utf-8 as well as your database.

2.Disable all the locales (languages) that are not utf-8.

3. Open your ../conf/locales.php and make the changes below,

$force_io_charset_if_accepted = 'utf-8';

$db_config['connection_charset'] = 'utf8';

5 Jan 30, 2011 03:42

Thanks tilgicom!

Indeed I have registrations turned off, but if you need to log in I can give you access.

Followed all of your suggestions and they seem to have fixed the issue... Thank you!

BushLeagueCritic, thanks for the link, it gives the same recommendations as did tilgicom only tilgicom resumed them perfectly.

I guessed the Tag Cloud plugin was not the culprit, but I had to point it out because it was where the issue was showing. I haven't found the problem anywhere else...

NB: Because of prior experiences where I thought issues were solved but..., I will play around with the tags, urls, etc. just to see if the problem really has been solved.

Form is loading...