Recent Topics

1 Feb 04, 2011 05:11    

In the absence of any comments to my post in the Support forum, is this a bug (4.0.3)?

search widget only searches the current page:

www.barkhoffwines.com.au/list

A search on 'shiraz' throws up results only for the current page.

2 Feb 05, 2011 07:03

How many posts per page did you set on Blog settings > SEO tab, is it one?

3 Feb 06, 2011 03:58

New site, and I haven't even got that far yet. It was empty, defaulting to 1, and I set it to 20. Search result still limited to current page.

4 Feb 06, 2011 09:02

That's what I thought, try to set 20 posts on Blog settings > General page and see if it works

5 Feb 07, 2011 00:02

But I want only one entry to appear per page. The search function should search the whole blog, as I understand it. Not simply the content of one page.

6 Feb 07, 2011 07:06

It does search in the whole blog, but only displays 1 post. I found a problem actually, you don't seem to have this code in your skin

// -------------------- PREV/NEXT PAGE LINKS (POST LIST MODE) --------------------
mainlist_page_links( array(
		'block_start' => '<p class="center"><strong>',
		'block_end' => '</strong></p>',
		'links_format' => '$prev$ :: $next$',
	'prev_text' => '&lt;&lt; '.T_('Previous'),
	'next_text' => T_('Next').' &gt;&gt;',
	) );
// ------------------------- END OF PREV/NEXT PAGE LINKS -------------------------

Try this link http://www.barkhoffwines.com.au/list/index.php?posts=10&s=img

7 Feb 07, 2011 09:10

When I do a search on 'img' I do not get what shows up as per your link. All I get is one post in total, not one post per entry/page with 'img' on it. Each entry/page has 'img' on it, as your search demonstrates. But all I get is one single result, being the page I search from.

How could this be a problem at my end?

8 Feb 07, 2011 20:10

This is what happens

You chose to display 1 post per page, this applies to search results too. This is OK if you have Previous/Next post navigation links at the bottom of the page, but you don't seem to have those links (see the code above).

Force 10 posts per page

index.php?posts=10&s=img

Force 5 posts per page. We know for sure that at least 10 posts found for this request (as per previous request), but we don't have a link to see the next set of results

index.php?posts=5&s=img

Default setting for post per page, which is 1
index.php?s=img

Again, use the above code to display page navigation links

9 Feb 07, 2011 22:39

I see. I would not have assumed a relationship between these functions. I don't need the post navigation element - apart from what is now obvious - so I've hidden it with css. Is it possible to permanently force a search return value as you have here?

10 Feb 09, 2011 06:29

There I was thinking this must be really obvious, but could not get it. So I thought: I remember an 'Advanced Search' plugin, and found it, installed, and found the way to control the search in the way I wanted. And I noticed it was written by Sam2kb!

Thanks for your assistance. And your plugin.

11 Feb 09, 2011 07:14

Yeah, that's a nice plugin :)

In case you want to deal with this another way, you can probably set the number of displayed results like this

$saved_posts = $GLOBALS['posts'];
$GLOBALS['posts'] = 10;

// -------------------- PREV/NEXT PAGE LINKS (POST LIST MODE) --------------------
mainlist_page_links( array(
        'block_start' => '<p class="center"><strong>',
        'block_end' => '</strong></p>',
        'links_format' => '$prev$ :: $next$',
    'prev_text' => '&lt;&lt; '.T_('Previous'),
    'next_text' => T_('Next').' &gt;&gt;',
    ) );
// ------------------------- END OF PREV/NEXT PAGE LINKS -------------------------

$GLOBALS['posts'] = $saved_posts;

12 Feb 10, 2011 08:34

Found it. Thanks again, I'll give it a go.

Form is loading...