Recent Topics

1 Feb 28, 2011 00:31    

My b2evolution Version: 4.0.3

I and many others have posted threads asking for help with nobody answering. Moderators, "Gurus", nobody...
It is as if nobody cares anymore. I'm tired of reading that there is only one person working here (sam2kb) and even he is absent a lot of the time.
Where is FPlanque?
Recently I posted this topic and although it has been read 91 times, there is no answer/help: http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?p=107605#107605

I have other topics that have never been answered and I'm not alone. Some topics repeat over time because nobody answers them, eg;

I posted this on Feb 1st: http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=22098

Another person posted this yesterday: http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=22171

Is b2evolution going the same path as b2?

Just because it is free it doesn't mean there is no responsibility implied.

2 Feb 28, 2011 04:09

We may not have as active support as you'd like and I am sorry about that but at least we have active development, and that, in my book, is a significant difference with b2.

3 Feb 28, 2011 12:31

It's not me the only person interested and affected by the lack of support, take a look at the forum and notice how many topics with zero response there are.
Also, I'm glad to hear there is development going on, but if you keep silent about it, if errors are not addressed, if help (manual) is outdated... it is easy to perceive the contrary to what you say; it looks as if the whole project has been abandoned.
Just for curiosity I Googled "Migrating b2evolution" and I got lots of links to migrate b2evolution to WordPress. Years ago that wasn't the case, people from WordPress were looking to work with b2evolution.
I'm not aware of what happened between you and other developers, nor do I understand why is there so little help at this forum, but whatever the reasons its more than evident there is a "crisis" and it should be addressed if you want b2evolution to keep existing to the general public. If on the other hand you want it to be a script for yourself, well keep silent and keep the forum as unhelpful as it is right now.
I suggest you stop development for one day and take a look at all other aspects of your project... Manual, Locales, Plugins, Themes, Forum, etc. Get help, take action...

I've been a huge fan of b2evolution for more than 6 years. All that I'm saying is meant to help.

4 Feb 28, 2011 15:33

I'm a returning user and hope to help out in the forum (and other areas) once I get a better understanding of b2evolution. I completely agree with gcasanova and hope for more activity ...

To be completely honest, I really wouldn't mind whether my post and others were answered correctly or not ... as long as they were getting replies o.O

It's really strange that a script as good as b2evolution doesn't have an active community of designers and developers. I've only seen about 5 or 6 people post recently (including myself but I've been deleting mine if there are no replies after 48 hours o.O) but I know there are more people using b2e than that o.O

Anyway, I'm trying to get used to the coding style used for b2e and not doing as well with it as I would like so I'll get back to studying. I just thought I would toss my opinion out there too ... in case it matters, learning b2e is not easy when most of the material is for other versions and I have no idea what is still relevant :(

Form is loading...