Recent Topics

1 Feb 28, 2011 17:23    

My b2evolution Version:

I had website integration working in 1.10.3, but upgraded to 3.3.3 this weekend. Was able to create a skin for one of my blogs so it somewhat matched my site, but am having trouble integrating one of my blogs on the front page of my site.

In 1.10.3, I used a stub file and a custom skin. Trying a similar method, but so far no luck.

The Blob I'm trying to use is called Blog B, and the b_stub points to that blog.

This worked before:

<?php 
ob_start();
include ('blogs/b_stub.php'); 
$bstub_content = ob_get_clean(); 

(then some html that brings in a header and divs for layout)

<div id="blogb"> 

<?php echo $bstub_content;?>
</div>

When I test this, it brings up Blog B directly, not Blog B as part of my main page.

Does this technique no longer work?

Is there a better way?

Should I be using a_noskin?

I have poured through the documentation, but it lacks detail or examples of how to do website integration.

Thanks,
Brian

PS, the B2evolution version in the post form only goes up to 2.x??

2 Feb 28, 2011 23:06

I seem to be making progress. I am getting the posts on my main page. The only thing I did different is use a_noskin, instead of a stub file.

So I should be able to continue making progress. Next I need to figure out how to get the blog and my sidebars combined.

A couple of observations:

The documentation on website integration seems lacking. It talks about "placing" a stub file where you want the content to appear. Just an example would be a big help here. It wasn't clear how the URL settings should be for this situation. In the Blog Settings, Features, Skin and Style, once it has been set, there is no way to select "no skin". Confusing, but it still works probably due being set in a_noskin.php[/list:u] Regards, Brian

3 Feb 28, 2011 23:47

Throw away the documentation. It's outdated.

Usually you start with the HTML from your site. Cut that in two sections: a header and a footer. Then take an existing skin, strip it down to almost nothing and add your own header and footer.
You really need to try to understand the parts that make up a skin. You can copy / paste / delete parts of the skin to fit your needs.

Good luck

4 Mar 01, 2011 01:59

I have the Blog working nicely on my page again, with the sidebar stuff, but my permalinks, comments etc, all have no styles when I click on them.

Any way to solve this problem? Or do I need to go back and work with stub files and a custom skin?

My page can be seen at:

http://www.waynealumni.org/index_b2.php

Thanks,
Brian

5 Mar 01, 2011 12:47

Nice site,

The single post link redirects away from the stub file. You're basically in a 'no skin' situation. That's one of the drawbacks of using this ob_start() construction.

You're better off creating a custom skin. If you got this far I presume you're up to that task. Else ask this forum or PM me. I'll have some more time in a week from now.

Good luck

6 Mar 05, 2011 06:16

Using a_noskin was the way to go. It was a simple problem. I had the blog base url wrong. I was using "relative to base url" and pointing to the noskin file, instead of "abslolute url" and pointing my main website index.php.

I'm sure I'll need to do some tweaks, but overall it seems to be working pretty well.

The site is at:

http://www.waynealumni.org

Thanks for the replies.

7 Mar 28, 2012 04:25

Just a follow-up to my experience using a_noskin: all worked fine for about a year, then I decided I'd better upgrade to the latest version, 4.1.3.

After the upgrade, everything looked fine, but then I refreshed the page, and it was a mess, with the layout completely scrambled.

After a bunch of fooling around trying to figure out the problem, I resolved it by disabling General Cache in Global Settings, and deselecting "Enable Page Cache" in Blog Settings - Caching.

8 Apr 01, 2012 20:04

Have you also edited the a_noskin.php file to match the changes added in v4.1.3 ?

Form is loading...