Recent Topics

1 May 07, 2011 20:44    

My b2evolution Version: 4.0.5

Installed at http://www.asemp.co.uk

I have tried installing numerous times, most recently deleting everything and starting from scratch. Tried changing PHP interpreter between 4 and 5, and also uninstalling the TinyMCE plugin. Tried changing permissions, adding and removing .htaccess.

It does appear possible, from previous experience, to delete posts - but editing or adding new ones does not seem to work.

I am hoping it is something miraculously simple and I am being rather stupid. Although my host isn't a particularly good one, I suppose I might have to stump up and pay for better hosting.

Thanks in advance :)

2 May 07, 2011 22:04

What exactly happens when you try to edit or create a post? What error do you get?

This seems like a mod_security issue. Ask your hosting provider to disable it for you.

3 May 07, 2011 22:18

No error message displayed. When attempting to edit or create. Simply taken to the home page.

4 May 07, 2011 22:51

It's most likely mod_security in Apache

5 May 07, 2011 23:25

Cheers. Decided to go for some better hosting. Current host forgot to renew their business domain name, does not seem to have run any software updates in a while, and the owner seems to be no longer contactable.

Form is loading...