Recent Topics

1 May 08, 2011 02:43    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

...'cause I haven't gotten a response to numerous posts in weeks...

2 May 08, 2011 17:47

I have the same feeling at the moment.

Would really like to know what is current status of b2evolution?

3 May 08, 2011 19:53

Current status is :
François, sam2kb and Attila Simo are still deving evo. The rest of the devs have walked away ... including blueyed, which was a tad of an eye opener.

When it comes to the forums then you have sam2kb && tilqi who have remained here to answer problems ... the rest have walked away.

Personally, I've stopped deving and the majority of the time that I donate to the forums is to kill spammers, mainly because I hate when dead forums get overrun by spammers.

Good news is, that's 2 answers to your thread :D

¥

4 May 09, 2011 03:04

Wow! That's not good... what's going on? Why are people bailing? How do we bring more onto the team?

5 May 09, 2011 22:57

Ethan5150 wrote:

Wow! That's not good... what's going on? Why are people bailing? How do we bring more onto the team?

1.)Long story
2.)There is not much that can be done at this point afaic.

6 May 10, 2011 05:39

So can we expect support going forward or is b2 dying? Is there an active recruitment of new developers going on? This is a total bummer...

7 May 10, 2011 08:14

why did you think like that???? i am getting the replies for my posts continuously.....

8 May 10, 2011 18:04

Ethan5150 wrote:

So can we expect support going forward or is b2 dying? Is there an active recruitment of new developers going on? This is a total bummer...

Evo is still under some form of active development, just without most of the team that's been around for the last 6 years+

Support has always been mostly members helping members, so that's not changed to much barring the fact that there's less members, giving support, with the knowledge of the core than there used to be.

¥

9 May 10, 2011 21:15

Doesn't sound good. b2evo is excellent, I've used it for six years. One problem might be that most people only know Wordpress?

10 May 10, 2011 21:21

Pretty sure that the majority of the ex players/devs/whatever haven't moved to, or considered, wordpress ... their code really is crap ;)

¥

11 May 10, 2011 21:32

so where are they? but wordpress is what "everybody" is using for blogging, it seems?

12 May 12, 2011 16:41

Help from devs or users? No. As a matter of fact, only the easiest questions are being answered by other users. But the important issues are simply being ignored by FPlanque and the two other persons helping him.
One of the two persons remaining even offered to develop a way of migrating b2evolution to Wordpress so... I believe there is about to remain just one person helping at the forum.
There is a b2evolution fork that can't be mentioned here but I believe its development is going too slow and is not suitable for some languages. I have great hopes for that fork though.
I don't like Wordpress, but it has the biggest community of all blogs.
I believe all those interested in b2evolution should simply flow FPlanque with request for clarification on b2evolutions future.
It's not enough to publish a new version once in a while, many people use b2evolution for serious reasons and its simply an ethical matter to be informed whether b2evolution can be relied upon or not.
My recommendation is, if you are serious about blogging, don't use b2evolution until FPlanque responds with the truth; is b2evolution going anywhere or will it soon be abandoned.
FPlanque, will you please take some minutes of your time and answer? Please, post your answer at the front page, not in a hidden forum thread.

13 May 13, 2011 10:52

For the forum, I stop answering posts due to less time available :-(

14 May 13, 2011 10:55

gcasanova wrote:

Help from devs or users? No. As a matter of fact, only the easiest questions are being answered by other users. But the important issues are simply being ignored by FPlanque and the two other persons helping him.
One of the two persons remaining even offered to develop a way of migrating b2evolution to Wordpress so... I believe there is about to remain just one person helping at the forum.
There is a b2evolution fork that can't be mentioned here but I believe its development is going too slow and is not suitable for some languages. I have great hopes for that fork though.
I don't like Wordpress, but it has the biggest community of all blogs.
I believe all those interested in b2evolution should simply flow FPlanque with request for clarification on b2evolutions future.
It's not enough to publish a new version once in a while, many people use b2evolution for serious reasons and its simply an ethical matter to be informed whether b2evolution can be relied upon or not.
My recommendation is, if you are serious about blogging, don't use b2evolution until FPlanque responds with the truth; is b2evolution going anywhere or will it soon be abandoned.
FPlanque, will you please take some minutes of your time and answer? Please, post your answer at the front page, not in a hidden forum thread.

I agree 100% with this.

16 May 15, 2011 20:08

Hi.

I have some skills with many program languages, including php, and would like to help the b2evolution project.

How can I do this?

I searched others blog engines, like wordpress, but was in the b2evolution that I found what I needed.

:)

17 May 15, 2011 23:17

I also agree with gcasanova - we really need to know where this project is headed - my livelihood depends on it

FPlanque - can you please let us know what's going on?

18 May 16, 2011 03:56

there's a better chance you might get a response if you try nagging FP personally via his personal or b2evolution's twitter/facebook accounts.

Form is loading...