Recent Topics

1 May 09, 2011 21:27    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I'm trying to add this social plugin to my blog: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/comments/
but when I save it changes the <fb:comments></fb:comments> tag to <p><fb :comments></fb></p> which doesn't work. It would seem that b2 doesn't recognise FBML, or at least that's the conclusion I've come to.

The strange thing is when I had scripts turned off, the comments box would work in preview but wouldn't save. Then when I turned script access on, the illegal tag warning went away, but the comments box didn't show in preview anymore.

Is there anyway I can make this work?

2 May 28, 2011 07:08

This is a bug.
You can disable tag balancing in /conf/_formatting.php

$use_balanceTags = 0;

3 May 28, 2011 17:39

Wrong cat I reckon...

5 May 28, 2011 19:46

Because it was a white one and not a ginger one .... ohhhh, wait, wrong website.

Now I don't know why it was the wrong cat either :-S

Technically the bug is facebooks for using non-standard tags ... might be easier to code balance_tags() for known tags and assume rest are self closing.

Yay for web 2.0, where standards mean bugger all as long as your jscript works and awes your ( mainly ie ) userbase.

¥

6 May 28, 2011 20:02

you shouldnt try to add fb comments in post content in the first place.you should just put it in your post loop

7 May 28, 2011 20:51

Because it was a white one and not a ginger one .... ohhhh, wait, wrong website.

Hahaha, good one.

Wrong cat because the OP posted about version 3.3.2 in the category for bugs in 4.x.

P.S. And my grandma has got a red toothbrush

8 May 28, 2011 20:54

I moved the post in "bugs in 4.x." because it has not been fixed in 4.x
Nobody cares about 3.x anymore.

Form is loading...