Recent Topics

1 May 15, 2011 06:00    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I can't tell you how I appreciate the hard work all of the bevo team are putting into this. I'm not quite sure how you guys make a living, if ever.
That said, the latest updates have brought me my own kind of issues, which make all these efforts and sacrifices kind of useless.
I had to give Sam access twice to fix some bugs, and now again my visits are dropping off to about 50% because of a mysterious "'bad request" error.
I truly appreciate your dedication and willingness to fix particular bugs, but I believe it is not good to release software to production sites if it generates repeated customer issues.
It is fair to expect us to have some proficiency, but I just simply have no way to figure out coding probs, if I'm not a coder.
My previous B2evo versions ran virtually without a glitch, but the latest updates have produced 1.000 to 2.000 / mo visitor drops, which - IMHO - are unacceptable on production sites, because it badly damages our image.
I am aware this is free software and that you are working your ass off to make it work, however, at some point it becomes counterproductive to update because it cuts straight into revenue and operability.
I cannot imagine this is even remotely part of your purpose or objectives.
Please make it WORK!!

2 May 28, 2011 05:35

What "bad request" error do you mean? Is it Apache's 400 error? Can you post Apache logs here?
Any other info like specific URL or actions you do before the error comes up?

3 May 28, 2011 08:43

A user reported a bad request message, but did not specify what he was seeing, just that the site was not loading.
Since yesterday I can't access my site at all. This had been intermittent the last few days, but now it's permanent.
According to Analytics, my visitor numbers were dropping steadily since Wednesday; today I got 9, down from 190 on average.
FTP access is working as expected. I'm getting a 500 Internal Server Error and nothing loads.
I don't know if this is a DB prob or something else, but it came out of the blue. No changes made to config or DB, no new articles posted, nothing...
THX.

4 May 28, 2011 11:33

Internal Server errors are *usually* bad file perms ( 0777 on a suPHP box ) or bad .htaccess directives

¥

5 May 29, 2011 06:21

Well, they may be true, but as said: I have not changed anything at all.
The site just went out of the air. Visits yesterday: 9; today 3...

6 May 29, 2011 06:51

Post apache logs here

7 May 29, 2011 09:06

Thank you 4 Ur support. Please let me know how I can capture Apache logs. As said: I'm not a coder and not in any way proficient. Furthermore, my site is inaccessible.
I've been running b2evo for almost 5 years now, and I have never ever faced these kinds of problems nor needed this kind of support.

Thank you

8 May 31, 2011 07:47

It's back up now, after 3 days down. Again, I have done nothing; it just came back up...

9 May 31, 2011 17:00

Did you get my PM I sent 2 days ago?
Anyway, you need to repair the database. Even if the blog is back online, the database must be corrupted.

- put the blog down by renaming /conf/_maintenance.html to /conf/maintenance.html
- rename the file back to _maintenance.html

10 Jun 02, 2011 18:01

Have done as instructed: repaired and optimized DB.
How can I clean up my install? Would a clean install work or would that only get me in trouble??

Thanks a lot 4 your help!!!

Form is loading...