Recent Topics

1 May 19, 2011 16:45    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Your silence at this forum, the lack of help by expert users, the open admission of some helpers saying they will design a way of migrating b2 to WP... only says to us all that b2evolution has been abandoned.
If that is not the case, SAY SO!
Many of us trusted your script FOR WORKING purposes, many donated money.
So it is only honest for you to break your silence and tell the truth. Will the project be abandoned? What can we expect?

2 May 19, 2011 19:00

dont get all angry.. He has answered this kind of complaints many times in his own way.Not that i approve of but he has his points.

Basically, b2 is not the thing that keeps his boats floating, he says.So, he has higher priorities but that does not necessarily means he has abandoned the project.He personally stated on the forums that the project is NOT abandoned.

3 May 19, 2011 20:07

Thanks for your reply tilqicom

If the project is not abandoned but is not FP's top priority and he has no hurry in making clear his position but in some part of the forum instead of the main page, I then infer that he can at any moment abandon the project.

I conclude b2evolution has unofficially but practically become unreliable as a serious platform for bloggers.

What bothers me is not that he may abandon the project -he is free to do whatever is best for him- its the lack of professionalism he's shown handling this subject and also the disdain he's shown to the great number of people who have trusted b2evolution since its beginnings.

4 May 22, 2011 18:53

The project is actively developed! The next version 4.1 is coming with lots of new features.

Comments:
Comments can now be deleted with a single click... but they remain in the "Recycle bin" so they can be recovered if needed. (@evofactory)
Comments can now optionally be paged in the front end (@sam2kb)
Default avatars can be configured do different graphic styles: b2evo default, Gravatar, Identicon, Monsterid or Wavatar (@sam2kb)

User management:
Gender property for users (@evofactory)
Show Gender & Country in user list (@evofactory)
Show confirmed status in user list (@sam2kb)
registration form accepts a source param. ?source=... that will be attached to the new user profile (30 characters max). Can be used for tracking newsletter or ad returns. (@evofactory)
Specific user groups can be given permission to access the shared file root or not. (@evofactory)
View personal blogs in user profile (backoffice) (@sam2kb)
Full support of non-ASCII usernames/logins (@sam2kb)
Ability to upload an avatar directly into the User form without going through Files Management (@evofactory)

User permissions on blogs:
Advanced user permissions screen has been refactored
Editing timestamps is now a specific permission and no longer a "level based" permission.
There are now separate permissions for editing comments depending on their status (published, deprecated, draft).

Blogs
Added possibility to define new blog types in a plugin so that users can create blogs with preconfigured settings for specific tasks. Install the test plugin for a demo implementation of this. (@sam2kb)
Autocompletion when adding tags to a post (@blueyed)
Bugfixes (@sam2kb, @blueyed)
Basic antispam plugin: remove repetitive characters and trim whitespace (@sam2kb)

Form is loading...