Recent Topics

1 Jun 10, 2011 23:22    

My b2evolution Version: 3.3.1

Hi all friendly helpers!

First of all: sorry for my poor English - I am a Bavarian...

To avoide spam on comments I have a php-script with an arithmetic captcha which is stored as "captcha.php". This file has to be included in the corresponding file which is used for posting comments. Which file is it (comment_form.php oder comment_post.php) and at what position the include-command has to be inserted?

I hope my question is understandable :roll:

Many thanks an best wishes
Karin

3 Jun 11, 2011 15:55

Hi sam2kb,

I have tried a couple of versions of the captcha-plugin but the plugin always has "deactivated itself" as soon as I close the browser. So I have searched for another solution.
According to your reply I have now installed the newest captcha-plugin and it is still active after closing the browser and loading the website again. Will hope the problem ist solved. Many thanks!

Yours
karin

4 Jun 11, 2011 19:38

Hi all helpers,

again the captcha-plugin has deactivated itself after closing the browser and load the website new! Maybe the plugin "fight" with an other plugin?
So the including of the arithmetic captcha file may be necessary...

Karin

5 Jun 11, 2011 20:39

Do you use any plugins other than those shipped with b2evo 4?

6 Jun 11, 2011 23:22

Good evening sam2kb,

I am a little confused: After a several closings and new loadings of my website the captcha-plugin remains activated. YEAH! The problem seems to be solved - but still I do not trust the whole thing.

I use version 3.3.1 with the standard plugins of this version and in addition the plugin "Who is online". Some plugins I have deactivated, for example the archive and calender widget.

I will watch the story and will not hesitate to cry for help if the captcha says good-bye again. Or I will give a suitable command to my German sheepdog to eliminate the ugly bits and bytes of the captcha.

Many thanks for your help!

Yours, Karin

Form is loading...