Recent Topics

1 Sep 27, 2011 19:47    

OK, long story.. Somehow we got errors on my boss's blog after changing settings, and so I thought I'd just upload the old backup blog file folder over the one with the errors.. but I didn't know what I was doing (obviously) and now we can't even see a log in page or the place to do new blog entries..
I can still see the blog entries on my Google blog reader, so I know they aren't totally gone, but I dare not do any other changes until I know how to fix what's broken, just in case we lose anything else. I also saved a cached page that was cached before the "fatal error" appeared on the blog site.

Keep in mind I didn't build the blog to begin with, and so you'll need to talk to me like you were talking to a half-wit, which is what I feel like since I did this. I know it was stupid.. but what's done is done, and now I need to fix it.

I don't know what version the b2evolution software is, and I have downloaded the most recent version but I don't want to upload anything until I am sure it won't wipe out anything else.
The website is www.cotebrothers.com/blogs/index
Thanks for any help you can give me.

2 Sep 27, 2011 23:13

Welcome to the forums!

You don't seem to upload all files (or some files may be corrupted). Just try to upload files again. Also make sure you do backups before each manipulation. You can see app version in /conf/_application.php please post it here.

3 Sep 27, 2011 23:44

I don't have the backups except old ones because I stupidly didn't make copies or rename anything first. That's where the big problem comes in.
If I get a chance to look on the boss's computer I will see if he has more recent files than I had.
Right now I can't even find a log-in page.
Thanks for replying !

Form is loading...