Recent Topics

1 Jan 02, 2012 14:13    

My b2evolution Version: 4.1.x

Subject says it all...

I am using 4.1.2, recently upgraded. I am redesigning my template after the upgrade, and am having a problem getting the feedback_link to appear on the single post page, see below, it should appear just under the date:
http://www.puppetsinmelbourne.com.au/blog.php/2008/07/06/my-bunraku-puppet-finished

It works fine on the main post page (click the 'blog' menu item or any of the archives/categories links on the above page). I've checked that my code is correct and it is the same as used on the main post page; it's also the same as the code in skins that work for 4.1.2.

Not quite sure what's going wrong...

2 Jan 16, 2012 07:29

Still having trouble with this.

I'm using the following:

<?php
$Item->feedback_link( array(
'type' => 'comments',
'link_before' => '<span class="comments">',
'link_after' => '</span>',
'link_text_zero' => 'Leave a comment',
'link_text_one' => '1 comment',
'link_text_more' => '%d comments',
'link_title' => '#',
'use_popup' => false, 
 ) );
?>

in my single post file. It's the exact same code used in the main page.

The main page shows the comments link fine:
http://www.puppetsinmelbourne.com.au/index.php?blog=46
The single post page doesn't:
http://www.puppetsinmelbourne.com.au/index.php/sdlksdlskl?blog=46
and yes, commenting is turned on for this blog.

I've tried renaming the custom skin files for comments and using the ones in /skins, however it changes nothing. I get no errors in my logs...
Anyone got any ideas?

3 Jan 25, 2012 03:37

By happenstance I have been deleting test comments from my blog. I notice that when I delete a comment, the 'leave a comment' code suddenly works: however, browsing to another page and returning, or reloading the page, makes the link disappear again. I have added a comment; no link. Delete the comment, and the link appears again.

Is this some sort of blog cache issue?

5 Oct 27, 2013 18:23

Hi @na3,

At single page, the comment form is right below the post itself. Of course, at posts disp it's useful to have a feedback link because it leads you directly to the single post comments by adding #feedbacks to the url. In fact, including feedback link is disabled by default at single post view, but you could enable it as following.

Include the option show_in_single_mode => true in the parameters array at the $Item->feedback_link call. Then just put this code wherever you want it appears, this will depend of your skin code. i.e. at evopress default skin I pasted this block code in the line 111 at blogs/skins/evopress/single.main.php

<?php
					// Link to comments, trackbacks, etc.:
					$Item->feedback_link( array(
							'type' => 'feedbacks',
							'link_before' => ' | ',
							'link_after' => '',
							'link_text_zero' => '#',
							'link_text_one' => '#',
							'link_text_more' => '#',
							'link_title' => '#',
							'use_popup' => false,
							'show_in_single_mode' => true
						) );
				?>

I hope this could be useful for you.

Regards !

6 Oct 28, 2013 06:40

Adding the "show_in_single_mode" parameter worked. Thank you SO much, that's been bugging me for over a year. :)

Form is loading...