Recent Topics

1 Feb 06, 2012 07:36    

My b2evolution Version: 4.0.5

Hi There!

In a post comment made by Sam2kb I have a few questions regarding the below:

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=20970&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=law+firm&&start=15

January 24, 2012

It should go in index.php considering that you don't use (and delete) all other stub files. The only php files that you should keep in blog root are admin.php and index.php

When I look at my root folder [b2evolution/blogs] I have a large list of PHP files, including blogs 1 through 7. What am I suppose to do with these files if they don't go there? I have:
admin
a_noskin
a_stub
blog 1 - 7 *
contact.php
index
index_multi
multiblogs
sitemap_a
sitemap_blogs
summary

*Where are the other blogs up to 21? I have no idea where they are. :-/ In my old version I have some blogs numbered after 7 -- 10, 14, 15, and 19. Weird! With the upgrade I see that no new files appear on the server. Shouldn't every blog have a PHP file?

Outside the b2evo folder there is a phpinfo.php file. I looked inside and found:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Any ideas why this should be there?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

2 Feb 06, 2012 11:31

*Where are the other blogs up to 21? I have no idea where they are. :-/ In my old version I have some blogs numbered after 7 -- 10, 14, 15, and 19. Weird! With the upgrade I see that no new files appear on the server. Shouldn't every blog have a PHP file?

Outside the b2evo folder there is a phpinfo.php file. I looked inside and found:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Any ideas why this should be there?

Thanks for any and all suggestions

Not every blog has to have a file if you are not going to use absolute url. domain.com/blog7.php etc.

You can simply duplicate blog7.php, rename it as blog8.php and edit the 7 value inside it to 8, and so on...

Phpinfo.php file doesnt come with b2, probably your hosting provider, or if you have a webmaster has put it there to find about some php info.It's safe to delete it.

3 Feb 07, 2012 03:21

Okay, thanks.

What about the rest of the docs -- alright to leave them? I guess, I'm trying to figure out why only admin and index as Sam2kb suggested should be in the root, when the rest of the php docs came with the software package. A little confusing to me.

4 Feb 08, 2012 06:05

Those two [u]must[/u] be in the root, all other are optional

5 Feb 08, 2012 21:50

Alrighty, thanks for the clarification.

Form is loading...