Recent Topics

1 Feb 11, 2012 04:23    

My b2evolution Version: 4.1.x

I just installed as a new user and clicked on the admin "login" link on the completed installation page and received the following error: "www.myurl.com/blog/admin.php suexec policy violation: see suexec log for more details". I can't seem to find a suexec log for the additional details.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Michelle

2 Feb 11, 2012 07:33

Who are you using for hosting? Did you notice any errors during installation?

3 Feb 11, 2012 13:58

chmod your files 644 and folders 755

4 Feb 11, 2012 14:24

I'm using Startlogic for hosting. There were no errors with installation and I checked the Startlogic site and they meet/exceed the mySQL and PHP version requirements. The installation instructions had me change the permissions on several files. I can change to what is suggested above and try again. Are you suggesting that I change every b2evolution file that I ftp'd over to my host? Does anyone know where I can find this suexec log that's referenced in the error?

6 Feb 12, 2012 13:45

mns wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find this suexec log that's referenced in the error?

If you have ssh access you could use

tail -f /var/log/httpd/domains/yourdomain.com.error.log

Most of the administration panels (DA,cpanel) also let you view logs without having an ssh access too.

7 Feb 12, 2012 18:42

I changed the file permissions to 644 and the folders to 755. I'm still getting the same error when clicking on the admin link from the completed installation page. I'm not really a computer person/programmer, so this may require more computer skill than I'm capable of. Any other thoughts on what the problem may be?

8 Feb 12, 2012 19:50

mns wrote:

I changed the file permissions to 644 and the folders to 755. I'm still getting the same error when clicking on the admin link from the completed installation page. I'm not really a computer person/programmer, so this may require more computer skill than I'm capable of. Any other thoughts on what the problem may be?

well, without further details i cant think of sth else.Try to get your hands on that log first.Like i said, you should probably have access to those logs via your panel (directadmin, cpanel), and post additional details about the error.
Finally double check if the file&folder permissions change really took effect.How did you change the permissions, with a ftp software ? (if so which one)

9 Feb 12, 2012 20:08

Just talk to hosting support ;)

10 Feb 12, 2012 21:35

Well in my attempt to find more logs, I instead found an installation of b2evolution right in the Startlogic panel. So I deleted my first attempt and used their installation. Now when I attempt to click on the admin link I get the following error in my log:

20120212T152633: www.myurl.com/blog/admin.php
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: array_combine() in /hermes/bosweb25b/b656/sl.concordc/public_html/blog/inc/locales/_locale.funcs.php on line 663

Any thoughts now? It seems that the file & folder permissions of this install are already set to the suggested 644 & 755.

11 Feb 12, 2012 23:13

which version is that ?

Btw, i dont recommend using those preinstalled packages hosting providers offer.They are often outdated versions or misconfigured.

Just grab a fresh copy of latest b2 and start from scratch.Dont change a thing.Just upload it, enter your db credentials and click install.

12 Feb 12, 2012 23:25

The version was the same 4.1.2

I installed fresh from the b2evolution website the first time and received the first error. The only log I can find is the log where I found the errors that I quoted in this thread. Startlogic referred me to this same log. I cannot find a suexec log. Startlogic told me to contact b2evolution... they cannot help (they really never can help with anything... I don't know why I am still hosting with them).

I then changed all file permissions, as suggested and got the same error message. Then I installed from the Startlogic site and got the second error that I quoted above.

Hmmm. Unfortunately, I guess this will not work for me. Seems like a great blog option if I could get it working.

13 Feb 13, 2012 00:06

I made a brief search on the error to make sure, and it most probably gotta be a file/folder permisson error as we suggested.

You havent renamed your sample.htaccess to .htaccess before installation right ?

Do a fresh install manually uploading the files, but use a decent ftp software.

15 Feb 13, 2012 01:01

Thank you b2evo guru! That fixed it... hooray!!! I didn't realize I could select the PHP default version.

Thanks again!

-Michelle

Form is loading...