Recent Topics

1 May 11, 2012 01:11    

My b2evolution Version: 4.1.x

Has anyone noticed that their database in their blog is growing substantially? Last month I updated 4.1.4 and MySql was at 91mb (several months prior it was less than that with an older version). I just checked CPanel because I got a notice about disk space -- MySql database has grown and is at 148mb!! This is outrageous.

I don't know what to do or how to fix it. Not only that, I can't afford to purchase the next upgrade package. Somehow this needs to be fixed. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2 May 11, 2012 01:33

Probably your evo_hitlogs and evo_sessions tables grew large.. just empty those and you should be fine

3 May 11, 2012 02:20

Okay, went to Tools -> Misc and don't see where this is suppose to be managed. (I did hit Cache before I made this post and it deleted a lot, but that didn't clear the problem.) So, where do I empty those tables that you suggested?

4 May 11, 2012 09:42

Tosca wrote:

Okay, went to Tools -> Misc and don't see where this is suppose to be managed. (I did hit Cache before I made this post and it deleted a lot, but that didn't clear the problem.) So, where do I empty those tables that you suggested?

you can use phpmyadmin to empty the tables

5 May 16, 2012 07:55

These tables were very big! :)

Can Keyphrases be emptied too, because it is large?

6 May 16, 2012 20:23

Tosca wrote:

These tables were very big! :)

Can Keyphrases be emptied too, because it is large?

sure

7 May 16, 2012 22:22

Awesome! By emptying these 3 tables, I have recovered nearly half of my disk space with freeing it up. Thank you so much for this wonderful tip. :) MySql is down to 53 MB.

There are 3 more that I see, but I don't know if I can do the same with Slugs, Antispam, and Comments. These aren't nearly as large as the others were, but the files aren't small either.

8 May 21, 2012 01:22

Slugs, Antispam, and Comments

you shouldn't empty those

What host is limiting db size these days? I would leave them asap and get "everything unlimited" for under $8/month :)

9 May 21, 2012 14:14

sam2kb wrote:

Slugs, Antispam, and Comments

you shouldn't empty those

What host is limiting db size these days? I would leave them asap and get "everything unlimited" for under $8/month :)

virtually unlimited.In reality, everything is limited in this world : D

I dont think he hit the limit, but maybe he is just bothered with the size of those things like me.

I never quite understood why these tables grow that large.. I mean with 20k pageviews a day, my db grows as large as 100mb per week. I cant imagine what would happen if my b2 site had like 100k or a mil. pageviews per day.

10 May 21, 2012 19:36

A lot of data stored in hitlog and other stats tables. There will be even more in v5. Still I wouldn't care about DB size if it less than a couple of gigs.

On my system 2 rows in hitlog table take about 1kb of space. So in your case the hitlog table alone should grow to about 70MB а week ;)

11 May 22, 2012 01:41

Hi There:

For the record, I'm not a 'he' but a 'she'. ;)

My disk space isn't unlimited. It is up to 500MB; therefore, disk usage does matter. So v5 will be worse and your hit log is at 70MB??? OMGosh..... :(

But wait, Sam2kb, you're not renting and have a virtual server instead? Right?

I would hate to leave my host provider because they are amazing and more than helpful when I need the help. I had a terrible time with another host before switching that was suppose to be 'good' and they were horrible and VERY slow in responding to technical problems. The host that I have now responds less than 10 minutes.

12 May 22, 2012 05:41

But wait, Sam2kb, you're not renting and have a virtual server instead? Right?

No, I mean a regular shared hosting. If you need VPS you can get one for under $15

So v5 will be worse and your hit log is at 70MB??? OMGosh.....

Well, these days hosting space is VERY cheap, so we try to implement more features and collect more stats data. Windoze 98 installer was just about 200Mb and Windoze 7 is 20 times bigger and ships on DVD ;)

13 May 23, 2012 00:04

Hmmm..... maybe I should start looking around... drats!

Form is loading...