Recent Topics

1 Jun 14, 2012 01:52    

My b2evolution Version: 4.1.x

Hi all,

sorry if this question has come up before (although I searched and could not find it). Anyway, I was wondering if there was a way to set the software to ignore my visits when I am logged in to the system as the Administrator?

Whenever I visit my blog I notice that the hit counter on the stats page increases by two every time I travel to a different page within the site (it even happens if I simply refresh the stats page). I've checked through the config files, and also spent a lot of time looking on the various blog settings pages, but nowhere can I find a setting for this.

Thanks for your help!

2 Jun 14, 2012 02:28

From Admin > Global Settings > Features > Hit & Session Logging, uncheck Log hits on every admin page. Is this what you're after?

3 Jun 14, 2012 02:47

Thanks for the quick response! Ya, I have that unchecked already. You've given me an idea though--maybe I should unselect both boxes and see what happens. If the site continues to track me then maybe it'll help to narrow down the problem. It's worth a shot :)

4 Jun 14, 2012 05:18

Add this somewhere to your skin

if( is_logged_in() && $GLOBALS['current_User']->ID == 1 )
{   // Do not log hits for user #1
    $GLOBALS['Hit']->logged = true;
}

5 Jun 17, 2012 18:55

sam2kb wrote:

Add this somewhere to your skin

if( is_logged_in() && $GLOBALS['current_User']->ID == 1 )
{   // Do not log hits for user #1
    $GLOBALS['Hit']->logged = true;
}

Awesome--thanks for your help sam2kb!

Coincidentally, I tried different settings in "Hits & session logging" just to see what would happen and here's what I found:

Log hits on: [u]public pages:[/u]__[u]admin pages:[/u]____[u]results:[/u] ____X______________________4 hits counted per page refresh _________________X_________1 hit counted per page refresh ____X____________X_________5 hits counted per page refresh [/list:u] I'm not sure what would cause this behavior, but maybe somebody else would have an idea.

Form is loading...