Recent Topics

1 Jul 10, 2012 23:47    

My b2evolution Version: 4.1.x

Hi:

In Tools, the Pruning function never works and states that there are errors. This forces me to do it manually in MyPhpAdmin. Is there a way to correct this? The Admin function should work, but it doesn't. :(

Also, how do I turn off the debugging thing that I was asked to put on a couple months ago?

I'm up-to-date on my software, but why doesn't it still say that I need to update?

2 Jul 11, 2012 16:22

In Tools, the Pruning function never works and states that there are errors. This forces me to do it manually in MyPhpAdmin. Is there a way to correct this? The Admin function should work, but it doesn't. Sad

What error do you see? Click on the task, there must be a message.

Also, how do I turn off the debugging thing that I was asked to put on a couple months ago?

You can disable it

I'm up-to-date on my software, but why doesn't it still say that I need to update?

Delete "evonet_last_attempt" and "evonet_last_update" rows from evo_settings table. Also post the value of 'db_version' field here.

3 Jul 12, 2012 03:41

Hello:

The previous errors on the page state, Status 'error' and Repeat '86400'

Message on when scheduler ran:

This script will execute the next task in the cron queue. You should normally call it with the CLI (command line interface) version of PHP and automate that call through a cron.

Requesting lock on task #22 [Prune old files from page cache]

Starting task #22 [Prune old files from page cache] at 19:30:08.

Task finished at 19:30:10 with status: finished Message:

error
Real start time:
07/11/12 07:32:17 pm
Real stop time:
07/11/12 07:32:17 pm
[Error code: 2 ] Auto pruning is not set to run as a scheduled task

Further below is a bunch of debug info. To be honest, I don't know what to look for when I see that stuff. Sorry.

Quote:

You can disable it

Which file can I locate this in to disable it? Thanks.

4 Jul 12, 2012 04:03

Auto pruning is not set to run as a scheduled task

That's the error. Go to Global settings > General and set hit prunning to "With a scheduled job"

To disable debug set in /conf/_advanced.php

$debug_pwd = '';
$debug  = 'pwd';

5 Jul 13, 2012 00:35

Hello:

Quote:
Auto pruning is not set to run as a scheduled task

That's the error. Go to Global settings > General and set hit prunning to "With a scheduled job"

Considering the above suggestion, I don't know how it is possible, but I don't have that for pruning with 4.1.4. Looked in other sections within Admin too. Here's what I have in Global Settings -> General:

General Settings
Display options Help
Default blog to display: This blog will be displayed on index.php. Create new blog ยป

Timeouts
*Session timeout: months days hours minutes seconds
*Reload-page timeout: minutes seconds

Smart view counting:
Check this to count post views only once per session and ignore reloads.

Caching
Enable general cache:
Cache rendered pages that are not controlled by a skin. See Blog Settings for skin output caching.
Enable for new blogs:
Enable page cache for NEW blogs (See Blog Settings for existing)
Enable widget cache for NEW blogs (See Blog Settings for existing)

Under General -> Features [highlight is where the blogs settings are set]

Hit & session logging Help
Log hits:
on every public page
on every admin page

Auto pruning:
Off Not recommended! Your database will grow very large!

On every page: This is guaranteed to work but uses extra resources with every page displayed.

With a scheduled job: Recommended if you have your scheduled jobs properly set up.

Note: Even if you don't log hits, you still need to prune sessions!
Prune after: 60 days. How many days of hits & sessions do you want to keep in the database for stats?

I have not gone into this area because I don't want to hit something and it will automatically change things without my understanding. I've never used MyISAM tables.
Tools -> Misc:

Database management
Optimize database tables (MyISAM tables used for sessions & logs)
Remove obsolete (unused) tag entries

Okay, so what do I do next to correct the pruning error? I've poked around elsewhere and don't see anything about a scheduler. Sorry.

6 Jul 13, 2012 00:41

Switch auto prunning from "On every page" to "With a scheduled job".
It doesn't matter on what tab you found it in control panel. I suggested Global settings > General because this is where I see it in development version. If the setting is in Features in your installation, edit it there.

7 Jul 13, 2012 01:04

Sure I understand. Will do and thank you. :)

8 Oct 19, 2019 11:15

sorry for necro-posting, but I encountered the same issue and solved it after a very long search in all options, so just for maintain updated this solution I add that actually the prune settings related hits & sessions is under analytics-> settings.

Best regards.

Form is loading...