Recent Topics

1 Jul 11, 2012 00:10    

Hi:

I received a few of these message over a couple of months and ignored them, but this time figured that I should bring it up for attention. The below looks like a real forum reply:

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "[4.1.x] Unexplainable Database Growing Out of Control - Caus" at b2evolution. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?p=114800#114800

When I go to the link this message appears:

The topic or post you requested does not exist

In Search I looked to see if the post is up; it is available.

Curious to know if anyone else has experienced this?
Thanks

2 Jul 11, 2012 12:53

What does it have to do with spam ?

Its a notification email for a topic which you decide to follow for new replies.

Although, the latest reply post itself was spam so it got deleted probably.

3 Jul 12, 2012 03:53

Hello:

What does it have to do with spam ?
Its a notification email for a topic which you decide to follow for new replies.

I suppose, if I didn't receive spam why didn't the entire thread show up like other posts do that are being followed? It is a logical or a reasonable question.

Although, the latest reply post itself was spam so it got deleted probably.

A fact or an assumption? How would I know that the post link was spam related? It is the reason why I brought the issue or question up. In all the years that I've had b2evo, I've never had this problem before until recently.

Form is loading...