Recent Topics

1 Jul 15, 2012 23:46    

My b2evolution Version: 4.1.4

I have tried a couple of times to install b2evo on my host and can never seem to get very far with it. This time, on a basic install, I copied all files over per the instructions on the "Install from scratch" page.

After installing the database and going through the install script, the admin id and password was given to me. I go to the login page and I can enter the admin id and password, but then I get the following error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in //nas-002\Winspace\10-bitformations.com\www\blogs\inc\_init_login.inc.php on line 153

I get a similar error, but for a different file when I go to:
http://www.bitformations.com/blogs/index.php

I have no idea what would cause this or what to do to correct it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Trevor

2 Jul 16, 2012 19:54

Make sure all files were uploaded and that they are not broken.
Get a fresh zip and upload the files again, overwriting existing.

3 Jul 17, 2012 15:43

Ok. I did that. I am getting the same error. This is a bit disappointing. I don't know why I am having trouble, when it seems that everyone else just installs and it works! :(

I am using ISQSolutions.com as a host, if that helps. It is Windows Server 2008, MySQL 4 (if i try MySQL5, the install script fails when trying to log into the database) and PHP 5. I have used the default database name, and database userid and password.

Thanks,
Trevor

4 Jul 17, 2012 21:00

You should talk to the hosting support then. Or better switch to a linux hosting.

Form is loading...