Recent Topics

1 Jan 03, 2005 21:41    

I've already read over some of the topics that involve the 500 Internal Server error, but to be completely honest, I haven't a clue as to how to do most of the fixes.

Now, I'm not all that great with all this configuring jumbo. I used Fantastico to install the 0.9.0.10 version of b2evolution. I'm a first time b2evolution user. I've used the ANCIENT version of b2 for the last two years.

I did try deleting the .htaccess files from my server, but that didn't seem to work. I can access everything except for the main directory index.php files. None of the blog indexes are showing up. I get the error every time.

And my error log is something I've never even messed with, but the message I keep getting is:
[2005-01-03 15:21:20]: error: directory is writable by others: (/home/silverst/public_html/mlw/blog)

I really have no clue what that means or what I need to do to fix it.

So, can someone help...please?

<3

-Asheigh

2 Jan 04, 2005 06:58

Try a fresh install without Fantastico...seems like many users are having troubles with Fantastico.

3 Jan 04, 2005 14:31

I doubt it's a Fantastico issue, but you'll have to do another installation without Fantastico anyway. You can't use that utility to upgrade from a different blog app because it will not give you the opportunity to choose 'upgrading from junk' - it assumes a fresh installation.

All my installations are done by Fantastico and I've never had any problems. I don't know how to actually create a database...

4 Jan 04, 2005 20:27

Thanks to both of you.

I've actually reinstalled it with Fantastico, but came up with the same error. I've yet to check on it today, but will do that ASAP.

And I'm actually not UPGRADING per se, I'm just installing it to an entirely new subdomain. So, it's not like I'm trying to transfer anything from my old blog to be compatible with the new version.

I'm still looking into finding out what's wrong with it (or my server)... :\

<3

-Ashleigh

5 Jan 04, 2005 20:30

Nevermind.

I've just checked up on the site and everything seems to be working.

I'm guessing my server was just having some tech. diffs. yesterday.

Thanks for your help, and I'll be back if anything else arises.

:D

<3

-Ashleigh

Form is loading...