Recent Topics

1 Jan 08, 2005 01:22    

windows 2000 server
PHP 4.3.10
mySQL 4.1.7

originally installed PHP V5 but when I ran the index.php file in b2evolution's install directory I got a blank screen after clicking on "update config file"

saw post on here that suggest downgrading to a V4 PHP and that solved their problem.

I downgraded to V4.3.10. now when I click on "update config file", I get the error "MySQL error! Error establishing a database connection!"

I've tried manually editing one of the config files (mentioned frequently in this forum) to enter all my details about databases, userid, etc. This did not help

I made sure the userid on MySQL has all the rights to the database created for b2evolution.

any suggestions? I'm out of ideas.

I can use the SQL administrator and log in with that userid & password so it isn't a password issue.

thanks,

Stuart

2 Jan 12, 2005 04:57

hie,

i have the same problem...
i have:

MySQL 4.1.8
Abyss 2 Beta3
PHP 5.0.3

Win XP SP2

anyone can help ?

3 Jan 12, 2005 16:16

do any other php-scripts using mysql work?

4 Jan 14, 2005 18:21

sadly I have no PHP scripts to test with beyond b2evolution and no avaialble work time to learn PHP and how to program PHP to access MySQL.

We were hoping the two would work together fine but sadly this hasn't been the case. :(

the file, in the b2evolution install directory phpinfo.php does run fine though. ;)

5 Jan 19, 2005 19:26

I tried a different blog software that uses PHP and mySQL as a test. WorldPress also had the same problems as I had with b2evolution when it came to talking to MySQL.

any suggestions how to work around this problem of getting PHP and MySQL talking properly so I can use b2evolution?

6 Feb 01, 2005 19:05

Best guess (since this happened to me ;):

You have a recent MySQL + PHP 4. MySQL has a new password format which older PHP's don't understand. You need to set up a user specifically for b2evolution, and use the OLD_PASSWORD() function:

grant all privileges on b2evolution.* for b2@localhost;
set password for b2@localhost = OLD_PASSWORD('pwd');

...replacing 'pwd' with your password.

7 Feb 16, 2005 07:49

Well, I think since this has happened to me before is that your problem is two fold. If you want to still use PHP5, it's perfectly fine. All you have to do is make sure that your PHP is calling up MySQL as a module because beginning with PHP5, MySQL isn't automatically called up. To do this, all you have to do is make sure the php_mysql.dll is in the root folder I believe and then you uncomment the php_mysql.dll in the php.ini file.

For the MySQL problem. My guess is that exactly what fumanchu said. Sorta... His explanation of how to solve it is right, the problem with it though is not PHP though. It's MySQL since I believe the algorithm (correct if you guys know I'm wrong) for the way the old password is stored in an old table is different than in a new table. This is caused if you're upgrading from an older version of MySQL. Give that a shot and tell us how it goes!

8 Feb 23, 2005 23:35

Where does php_mysql.dll reside and which root to I copy it too?

Then uncoment php_mysql.dll php.ini in C/windows correct?

Form is loading...