Recent Topics

1 Jan 08, 2005 01:21    

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to putting up a web site. I managed to install my blog, and figure out how to set it up. Heck, I even figured out how to create an SQL database and add a user to it (pats self on back)! Now I'm down to my last problem and it seems very noobish so I'm almost embarrassed to ask.

when I go to www.mydomainname.com (not my real address) I see the following.... I can click a link for blogs, or cgi-bin (whatever that is)

How do I set up my website so that when I go to www.mydomainname.com, I see my blog. I DO NOT want it to be www.mydomainname.com/blogs.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jamesey/_images/blogpage.jpg

2 Jan 08, 2005 02:13

install it into your html_root, instead of inside of another directory (blogs)

cd up from where you installed it, open the folder blogs on your local , and upload from there .. blogs/a_stub.php should end up being in the top level of your html dir.. or just mv all the files keeping the directory structure intact

thanks for that huge uneccessary image too

3 Jan 08, 2005 02:54

thanks very much. What you said works, I just did it the hard way and figured it out. I deleted my installation, and copied just the contents of the "blogs" directory to the "public_html" directory. then I reinstalled and it works perfectly.

now I need to figure out how to make a skin.

4 Jan 08, 2005 02:55

youre welcome :)

Form is loading...