Recent Topics

1 Jan 27, 2005 22:03    

Current CVS doesn't provide any post types by default, and won't allow a new article to be created without a post type. Recommend b2evo ship with at least one default type.

2 Jan 27, 2005 22:09

CVS is NOT something you should bother posting about. Expect it to be buggy, and expect it to be unsupported.

3 Jan 27, 2005 23:26

CVS is NOT for productive use. it's a development version that sometimes behaves strange or make problems.

4 Jan 27, 2005 23:56

Sorry, but that answer doesn't fly. In an open-source app with multiple developers, you can expect CVS to be buggy, yes, but you should welcome bug reports with open arms. Since your SF bug-reporting is restricted to project admins only, how else does one report bugs?

If you commit to CVS, you'd better be confident that your changes work, and desire notification that they don't work as you expected.

5 Jan 28, 2005 00:08

Take a look at what it says on the forum main page right under Bugs

This is for bugs only and for public releases only! Please select another forum for other issues.

There is no forum for CVS issues for a good reason: there is no reason to expect CVS to be a viable product at any given time. By design it is a development tool. May I suggest you send an email or PM to one of the members of the dev team?

6 Jan 28, 2005 00:12

Good suggestion; I'll do that. Thanks for pointing out the notice; I missed it :#

7 Jan 28, 2005 02:41

the point is: maybe the devs are aware of the problem and working on something else or new features. or it's a sideeffect because they are rewriting some parts and so on.

we don't want to blame you. don't understand as wrong.
we just want to make clear that CVS is only and always "work in progress" and bugs may be included - sometimes intentionally, sometimes not

8 Jan 28, 2005 05:09

kiesow wrote:

... and bugs may be included - sometimes intentionally, sometimes not

Hm! Now I know y'all have bugs in there just to keep people like me on the official release! Personally I didn't even get as far as the issue fumanchu identified :(

Form is loading...