Recent Topics

1 Feb 10, 2005 17:28    

I noticed that when you click on a permalink or header it takes you to JUST that post, but I was also kind of annoyed that it took all of my sidebar navigation away. Is there an edit that I can apply to the Kubric2Evo style so that is keeps ALL of my content with the sidebar available?

Thanks!

http://blog.jamesmeister.com/

2 Feb 10, 2005 18:01

That's what Kubrick does, so that's what Kubrick2evo does. To my mind it's the only thing that makes Kubrick/Kubrick2evo unique, but, to get back to your question: yeah sure why not? In your _main.php:

<?php if( $disp != 'single' ) {
	echo '<div id="wrapper">';
	} else {
	echo '<div id="wrapperWide">';
	} ?>

becomes

<div id="wrapper">

<?php if( $disp != 'single' ) {
	echo '<div id="bPosts">';
	} else {
	echo '<div id="bPostsWide">';
	} ?>

becomes

<div id="bPosts">

<?php if( $disp != 'single' ) { ?>
<div id="bSideBar">

becomes

<div id="bSideBar">

</div>

<?php	} ?>

<div id="pageFooter">

becomes

</div>

<div id="pageFooter">

3 Feb 10, 2005 19:00

Worked perfectly, yet on the comments page under :Leave a Comment, what file control's the width of the comment box? It's too wide and it's sticking out of the right side of the bounding box. :)

4 Feb 10, 2005 19:47

Get the latest zip from the skins page. Your _main and your css are not going to need replacing, but _feedback and _lastcomments will. The problem does not happen with the newest zip, as you can see at (dead link removed)

6 Jul 13, 2005 07:18

Thanks for the sidebar tips, but I'd like to change the width of the comments box, too.

Tried the latest zip, but it was way too wide. Looking in the code, I don't see a width attribute anywhere. Is this coming from somewhere else?

I'd also like to drop the "helpful" info about XHTML tags, URLs, email, AIM and ICQs that seems to attract spammers.

7 Jul 21, 2005 23:53

I figured it out. You copy the _feedback.php file from the skins folder, put it in the kubrick folder (replacing the feedback file that exists there - make sure you back up the original), and make your width changes to the code in the new file. Changing from 40 to 35 seemed to work well. Watch the width of the other textboxes, though. You may have to adjust those, too.

Form is loading...