Recent Topics

1 Feb 22, 2005 17:19    

I realize there may be a bajillion reasons why this might occur. My installation ran very smoothly, and the administration program where I can edit and update my blog works just fine, so I am sure the database is all setup just fine. But every time I try to view my blog, I still get this internal server error... Again, I realize there could be a million reasons for this. But I am totally at a loss.

Thanks
Erin

P.S. - It also says "Additionally a 404-file not found encountered..."

2 Feb 22, 2005 18:00

Do you have clean permalinks enabled? Have you renamed sample.htaccess to just .htaccess?

3 Feb 22, 2005 18:06

I have no idea about the permalinks, but I did rename the .htaccess...

Thanks
Erin

4 Feb 22, 2005 20:33

The permalinks are in the settings tab in the admin area. It's labelled Enable extra path info.

Try remaning the .htaccess back to sample.htaccess

5 Mar 26, 2005 19:58

im getting the same problem i installed it through Fantastico on my hosting i tryed the changing the .htaccess and had it set to permalinks but no go i can log in to admin but if i try to go to ektay.com/blog it comes up

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ektay.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.ektay.com Port 80

any ideals?

6 Mar 27, 2005 06:54

I got the same thing after moving to a new host - I had the clean links turned on. After turning them off, everything went back to normal. :)

7 Sep 01, 2005 03:54

what is clean link? I am having the same problem now but the blog worked well before.

my error log says: Premature end of script headers: /home/keleding/public_html/index.php

what does that mean? thank you anyone out there for your help in advance.

8 Sep 01, 2005 08:20

my error log says: Premature end of script headers: /home/keleding/public_html/index.php

what does that mean? thank you anyone out there for your help in advance.

thats typically caused by NOT uploading text files in ascii

9 Sep 06, 2005 01:07

Graham wrote:

The permalinks are in the settings tab in the admin area. It's labelled Enable extra path info.

Try remaning the .htaccess back to sample.htaccess

I activated clean links and renamed .htaccess in the main www folder, and my site still wont show. Is there another .htaccess file in another directory?

I tried putting things back the way they were, one at a time, and I still don't have a front page. Any more ideas?

10 Sep 22, 2005 10:59

Hi everyone,

I've got the same problem and I've tried everything back and forth about 6 times.

Please, does anyone have any more ideas?? This girl is losing her mind.
tia

Form is loading...