Recent Topics

1 Feb 23, 2005 00:46    

I'm trying to embed audio on our webpage. My first solution was to use MP3 format, like Topanga does. It works, but I don't like the fact that it's implemented via the visitor's default web-audio solution (for me, it's the QuickTime player) AND it opens a page, with nothing on it but the player controls.

I've seen Java-base FlashSound JavaScript APIs, which allow SWF audio files to be played instantly on the site (using JavaScript) and called from very simple tags. Play on click, play on roll-over, take your pick. Most folks have FLASH & they don't have to leave the page. NICE.

<A HREF="javascript://"
  onclick="mySoundObj1.TGotoAndPlay('/beamscan',
  'stop')">Stop the beam scan</A>

from http://www.sonify.org/

This looked like a GREAT solution, but all that I've seen requires that you name frames when authoring SWF audio files from the Macromedia Flash program, which I don't have and won't buy for the sole purpose of making audio files.

Then, I ran into another program that converts MP3 to SWF, which can also be embedding into an HTML file. "MP3 Stream Creator". I got it to work in a test HTML page & then modified it so that it would validate in XHTML. Then I got it working in B2evo, after I changed the formatting.php file to allow for the <object> and <param> tags & associated attributes, (it thought 'clsid:' was a URI so I had to alter that), and turn the smilie renderer off, because CLSID :D#### rendered a ... well, you see what I mean? (It was supposed to be CLSID [:][D]###).

Here's the final code ... using the <object> tag. Simple. Works. See it [url=http://randsco.com]here[/url] in "Oop on Animals"

<div class="audio2">
  <object class="blue_button" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> 	     
	<param name="movie" value="blue_button.swf?mp3file=animals.swf"></param>
	<param name="bgcolor" value="#fefefe"></param>
</object>
</div>

The problem? Doesn't work in FireFox ... only MSIE 8|

I've figured out that FireFox needs/requires/must have the <embed> tags, as in the original code:

<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" WIDTH="111" HEIGHT="39" id="blue_button" ALIGN="" VIEWASTEXT>
	<PARAM NAME="movie" VALUE="blue_button.swf?mp3file=0.SWF">
	<PARAM NAME="quality" VALUE="high">
	<PARAM NAME="bgcolor" VALUE="#FFFFFF">
	<EMBED src="blue_button.swf?mp3file=0.SWF" quality="high" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" WIDTH="111" HEIGHT="39" NAME="blue_button" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>

Ugly, eh? But FireFox eats it up!

Unfortunately, the embed tag is not XHTML compliant. Does anyone know of a solution that plays in both MSIE and FireFox, that is ALSO XHTML-valid?

Been banging my head up against a wall for a bit now. (Worked SO well in MSIE too. Darn.) :'(

Thanks in advance. Am hoping to get feedback before I begin "round two" in the battle of the SWF embedded audio.

3 Feb 23, 2005 02:24

We MUST be on the same wavelength! ;)

I saw that yesterday, downloaded the flashObject code (again don't have Macromedia Flash authoring software), but you can still implement the code. DID. Plan on using it for video. (Got a digital camera that takes AVI files ... found AVIedit to really do them up correctly, then swftools - command line dealie - to convert straight to SWF).

Works like a charm.

Just need to get it into b2evo.

NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT USING IT FOR AUDIO!!

Wonder if it will work?

Thanks for the memory jog. :D

4 Feb 23, 2005 03:03

I remember what it was about this technique that I didn't like - no controls. There's no way to start/stop the SWF file ... it just plays (which, I suppose, is FINE, if you're using it to embed a flash header or something).

I figured for video, I'd just link to a new page. (Though I'd really RATHER have a viewer embedded into the main page, with start/stop controls).

For audio, controls are necessary ... otherwise I'm right back where I started ... MP3 files that open windows.

Still Looking for a Solution....

5 Feb 23, 2005 04:22

i embeded flash last night in a post ..

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.village-idiot.org/idiot.swf" height="180" width="240"><param name="movie" value="http://www.village-idiot.org/idiot.swf"></param></object>

no embed, and it works fine in firefox

6 Feb 23, 2005 04:47

That's great! How do you control the start/stop? I don't want the audio/video to start until the reader clicks "start", a button, graphic, or something else.

I tried the code you posted and it DOES work, but it plays the video as soon as the page is loaded.

Same with audio.

7 Feb 23, 2005 04:56

Ahah! :D

I got the audio to work with the control button I have. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="blue_button.swf?mp3file=animals.swf" width="100" height="35"><param name="movie" value="blue_button.swf?mp3file=animals.swf"></param></object>

I tried it with video, but no go (maybe because "mp3file" doesn't quite cut it? :roll: ) Now all I need to do is find a similar, generic, start-stop button for video, as well.

Any ideas?

8 Feb 23, 2005 06:29

I can't get <object> accepted as valid code in a post... how do you manage it?

9 Feb 23, 2005 07:22

There's a couple of places you need to put it in the formatting.php file.

1) FIRST ... it needs to be recognized as a valid TAG (with any subtags, it might have) ... and, as a little hint, it'll barf even after that, because "object" is not one of the expected <div> subtags ... so I added THAT too. :)

// Array showing what tags are allowed and what their allowed subtags are.
$allowed_tags = array
(
	'body' = > E_Flow, // Remember this is not a true body, just a post body
	'div' = > E_Flow.' object ',

bunch of others 

'object' = > E_Iinline.' param ',
	'param'  = > E_Iinline,

Honestly, I don't know what the whole "E_Iinline" thing is ... I'm guessing that "E"=Entity class I=Inline (as opposed to block) and then spelled out ... but that's only a guess. Since most had it, I used it, it worked. (Sometimes knowing only a little pays off)!

(2) Now that b2evo knows the TAG, you still have to specify what ATTRIBUTES the tag can have. A little further down, you'll see:

$allowed_tags = array
(

. lots of 'em w/lots of the strict and/or transitional commented out.

'object' = > E_Iinline.' param ',
	'param'  = >  E_Iinline,

Just add them.

Blammo. You should be done. (If you use a CLASSID number CLSID:D15097-a;dfja0-q5987 ... whatever ... you MAY find that it barfs on a "BAD URI" ... if that's the case, you can go a bit further down the list and see a [very narrow] list of accepted URI's ... you can add 'CLSID', to get over that little hump. (Just make sure your not adding your stuff for COMMENTS ... because it has its own set of TAGS, ATTRIBUTES and URIs.

Good luck.

PS - I had a very nasty time at the very end. b2evo kept wanting to put in a </p> after my <object> tag (which was very long). WTF?! Thought I was going mad (too late ;) ) I ended up jamming the end of the <object> tag smack up against the <param> tag (no spaces). STILL ... it put in a <br /> ... but at least THAT didn't mess up the page and ultimately, I got it all to validate.

If you want to check out the final sound dealie (and have a peek at the code and/or CSS) head over to [url=http://www.randsco.com/index.php/2005/02/16/alex_on_animals]HERE[/url]

10 Feb 23, 2005 19:51

Still looking for a way to CONTROL a SWF video file on a page (start/stop & a viewing window, sized to the file).

Anyone know of a way? :?:

11 Feb 26, 2005 06:38

STK:

Well thanks for the info on embeding. I will work out the video controls and get the info back to you. Flash scripting is more my style. You will need flash 2004 pro if you are to get into video control through.

I will let you know what I come up with

12 Feb 26, 2005 10:12

this isnt specific to blogging... however,

controls are accomplished using the media playback component on a .flv (flash video file) and like said above thats found in MX 2004 these days.

heres a rough example -- [removed]

thats not to size, and its not tweeked to do much more than show control of the "movie" (which isnt really a movie in this case), also theres no sound, but if there were that would be controlled too

once thats done, its embedded the same way i showed above

Ive done a fair amount of screwing around in flash mx, I could have answered this a while ago had I actually paid attn, sorry.

PS: If you have a video file, like a .mov, etc.. most video editing software proggys will output to .flv

Also, In case you dont have a .fla already of audio controls i can email or make one available to you for download to look at in MX. Theyre great for little personalized messages -> [removed]
:lol: that used to look so kickass on my long forgotten other site, whaaa.

I didnt read up before deciding to mention this so bear with me if im off, but you or someone else mentioned opening up .swfs using javascript .. thats actually done as a hack for MT and wordpress, so the code is out there.. if this is a repost, sorry, http://blog.deconcept.com/2004/10/14/web-standards-compliant-javascript-flash-detect-and-embed/

(oops it is a repost) well at any rate there are two working plugins available for wordpress that do this with quicktags, theres yet a 3rd -- the flash satay plugin that I understand is buggy. I looked at converting one of them to b2evo but wasnt willing to grapple with the lack of hooks. (pun intended)

13 Feb 28, 2005 02:04

Who - 4dmb ...

I've learned an awful lot about SWF, AVI, FLV and whatnot in the past couple of days. I did find a nice encoder (free download ... like most) that put up a very nice SWF that I can embed in my blog. [url=http://www.randsco.com/index.php/2005/02/25/testing_video]HERE[/url] is a first-pass.

A couple of comments.

1) Yes, whoo ... you had it correct. The code to "embed" (wrong terminology if you ask me, because the embed tag is DEAD in XHTML) ... is very straightforward:

<div class="Czoom Video Cleft w200 t100 Brdr Cap noLink"> <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://randsco.com/_img/video/001/testIntro.swf"><param name="movie" value="http://randsco.com/_img/video/001/testIntro.swf"></param></object> </div>

and all those class names are leftovers from my photo zoom and not used in this case.

2) I CAN stop a SWF before play, by using a <param name="play" value="0"> tag. However, the results are not satisfactory, as the user must RIGHT-CLICK, then select PLAY from the FLASH general menu (NOT intuitive).

3) I'm thinking that you are using the RIVA Producer product to generate the http://www.village-idiot.org/stk.html example that you posted. Am I correct? (The controls look familiar). (And thanks for the "idiot" dude ... is there a hidden meaning in there? ;) ) Anyway, RIVA is an interesting product because they use SWF and FLV to "stream" the video, thus circumnavigating the need to hire a 'streaming Flash' service.

4) If you look at the example video (above), you will see that the Turbine Video Encoder (by Blue Pacific in Lisbon, Portugal) can OVERLAY controls, on top of the SWF file, which is nice. What it CAN'T do, is combine overlays/preloaders, so *unless you have MacroExpensivia MX 2004 @$899us per copy 8|* (or something similar) you can't edit a THING, and you're stuck with what they give you - like ME! Also, they don't call a FLV from a SWF, which means that they're not STREAMING anything ... you've got to download the WHOLE SWF file and (nothing but the file) before you can view the movie.

My first sample movie worked out OKAY, but then again, it's only 300k in size. (Dear old dad says that it still took 2 minutes between clicking the calling SWF, before he saw the main SWF ... with a blank screen in between ... too bad I can't put a prelaoder in there!!! ... too bad I don' t have the s/w to edit the SWF or FLA files!!!

Did I say aargh already? :roll:

What would be NICE, would be an embedded player that allows a choice: "low bandwidth video" or "broad bandwidth video" ... playing in the same space, called with the same "object" tag. (Am I dreaming?)

Anyway ... I TRY SO hard to make my site available to "the masses", only to learn that mass#10456 has problems with X, while mass#7568f has a specific problem with Y. What's a web site dude to do? Drink?

(Headed to the liquor store as I sign off!)

14 Feb 28, 2005 02:20

the controls in my example are right out of macromedia flash MX 2004. the only thing I used a riva product for was to convert the original animated .gif into a .flv ...

the idiot reference is just for my site. :)

15 Feb 28, 2005 07:26

I can only wish that I had Macromedia MX 2004. Don't have the $$ to buy it. Are there any [less expensive] solutions out there that anyone can recommend?

16 Feb 28, 2005 08:19

stk wrote:

Are there any [less expensive] solutions out there that anyone can recommend?

Swish - www.swishzone.com does everything for me, although I must confess I loathe flash with a passion. I also find M's products expensive, overrated and computer-breakers, but there you go...

17 Feb 28, 2005 08:33

expensive, yes. overrated, no ..not for the faint of heart though, i dare say, as they can be a bit intimidating to use @ first

18 Jun 15, 2005 14:09

stk wrote:

There's a couple of places you need to put it in the formatting.php file.

Okay... I've tried making these changes (in the attributes part did you
really mean 'object' => E_Iinline, or did you mean A_attrs?) but still get the "Illegal markup: object" error... any other places to change?

Todd

19 Jun 16, 2005 03:17

OKAY ... wow. I'm going crazy here because I replied to your post several HOURS ago. (Actually, I was in the middle of something, took the time to reply, checked my post ... all looked good).

Weird. (Unhappy smilie, displayed as such because I have to turn OFF the smilies so that => gets rendered properly ) >:-<

Anyway ... to reiterated (as succinctly as I can)

There are THREE things you need to tell the _formatting.php file (or the HTML checker) whichever you prefer:

1) What TAGS are legal.
2) What tags are allowed inside the legal TAGS
3) What attributes are allowed for each tag

So ... for me ... the OBJECT tag is first defined here (look for the beginning, ..then add the appropriate stuff)

/**
 * Allowed Entity classes
 */
	'object' => E_Iinline.' param ',
	'param'  => E_Iinline,

Now that you've defined the legal TAGS and what tags they may contain, the next step is to define the attributes allowed for each tag.

A bit further down in the _formatting.php file, you'll find the following and (agian) add what is appropriate to you

// Array showing allowed attributes for tags
$allowed_attribues = array
(
'object' => A_attrs.' style id classid type data flashvars ',
'param'  => A_attrs.' style name value ',

That's it.

-stk (very happy smilie face, because I think that I have solved your problem, but -of course- smilie faces are OFF because I want the => to be rendered properly) :D

(for the SECOND BLOODY TIME)

(very unhappy face because the thought of doing something TWICE, when I already did it once, is very frustrating). :<

20 Sep 12, 2005 20:33

I followed your instructions for changing the _formatting.php file to allow objects. But now I get this message when I try to post:

Tag object must occur inside another tag

21 Sep 12, 2005 20:51

Personman,

That may very well be, as our <object> tag IS normally inside a <div> tag.

Our XHTML code for videos currently looks like this:

<div class="Cright Video w320"> 
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://randsco.com/_img/video/008/rivawebplayer.swf">
<param name="movie" value="http://randsco.com/_img/video/008/rivawebplayer.swf"></param>
<param name="flashvars" value="input=fortedmonton.rvml&amp;path=http://randsco.com/_img/video/008/&amp;buffertime=0.01"></param>
</object> 
</div>

So you can see that the DIVision the video (object tag) is in tells the CSS file to put the video left|right, (flash) audio|video & (width) 240|320|etc.

I'd have to look at the XHTML specs for the <object> tag, as it might be an XHTML requirement that the tag is contained within another? Dunno.

Anyway ... just try putting it into a DIV and I bet it'll work!

-stk

22 Sep 12, 2005 20:54

Yes, that fixed it. Thanks a lot!

23 Sep 12, 2005 21:39

I was able to post your example without getting any errors. But I'm trying to post a video that I've uploaded to YouTube.com (think Flickr with videos). They do a video player that you can embed in your site, but they use the embed tag, which I know is depreciated. I haven't found a way to show the youtube movie without the embed tag, but I did disable the checker and post the movie [url=http://www.brendoman.com/dbc/2005/09/12/emma_s_new_video_again]here[/url]. If anyone can figure out how to show a youtube movie without the embed tag, please let me know how you did it.

24 Sep 12, 2005 22:18

Personman,

Easy ... I posted your video, as a test, on our site. Here's the xhtml (1.1) - valid code:

<div style="text-align:center"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="width:425px; height:350px" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/DyKFztw6Oow"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DyKFztw6Oow"></param></object></div>

Please note: I've had difficulty with b2evo shoving a <p> and </p> into inappropriate places. Namely, between the ending ">" of the <object> tag and the first "<" of the <param> tag. (The W3C validator says "no no").

The solution? Jam the ">" and "<" together in the code, so that there isn't any "space" for b2evo to add a </p> tag.

Anyway ... should work!

-stk :D

Send me an email, so I know you've seen it - you're happy - it works - etc ... and I'll delete your video from our site.

PS ... that emma is a cutie, looks like a year older than Alex (and she has a TON more hair!)

PPS ... Checked out YouTube. Saw the other vids. Liked the 9 month, particularly the "walking" episode. Nice memories captured there. (Esp. your body English, helping Emma walk!)

25 Sep 12, 2005 22:34

My webhost is down hard at the moment, so I can't test it, but it looks like it works great, so you don't have to keep the video up. I'll try the code when my host decides to plug in whatever cable got kicked out. You should check out YouTube. Add me as a friend when you do so I can see what you post. You may also be interested in getting a [url=http://www.youtube.com/developers_intro.php]developer id[/url] so you can code against their API. I would love to see some kind of youtube plugin for b2evo. Thanks for your help on this!

26 Sep 13, 2005 14:15

Ok, the web host is back and it works. The only error it gave me when I tried to post was: "tag div does not accept attribute style". I know there shouldn't be a problem with that. Isn't style one of those attributes that any tag should take (like title)? But I changed it to align="center" and it worked fine. Thanks again for your help.

27 Sep 13, 2005 15:48

Personman,

You've hit upon one of my b2evo pet peeves ... that "style" isn't (by default) a core attribute. >:(

No problem - A quick edit of the conf/_formatting.php file can remedy this shortcoming. ;)

Around line 102 in _formatting.php change:

// Allowed Attribute classes
define('A_coreattrs', 'class title'); 

to:
define('A_coreattrs', 'class title style');

-stk

28 Sep 13, 2005 15:57

I added style to the core attribute list like this:

define('A_coreattrs', 'class title style');
define('A_i18n', 'lang xml:lang dir');
define('A_attrs', A_coreattrs.' '.A_i18n);

But I still get the error. Is there something else I need to do?

29 Sep 13, 2005 16:05

Hmm... shouldn't.

I tested it and it seemed to work fine for me. (Although, I must admit, that I had already added "style" as an allowed attribute to a number of tags. It wasn't until this morning, that I got the idea to add it as a core attribute.)

I did, however, DELETE all of those other "style" attribute entries and it still worked fine, for me, when I tested it.

How about adding it directly to the <div> tag?

30 Sep 13, 2005 16:09

I tried it again before making any more changes, and it works now. Sorry to trouble you. I think my host is still recovering from the LA power outage. This is sweet. Now I can give your example code to my users and any of us can embed youtube movies in our posts. What's more, my new video camera should be delivered today. vlogging, here I come!

31 Sep 15, 2005 04:57

hey i just tried this, im getting these errors.
I've updated _formatting.php as described

Cannot update, please correct these errors:
Tag object is not allowed within tag div
Found invalid URL: Invalid URL

and my post looks like this

<div>
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
data="preload.swf?path=http://www.lungshrimp.com/media/unexpectednews.jpg"
width="430" height="608">
<param name="movie"
value="preload.swf?path=http://www.lungshrimp.com/media/unexpectednews.jpg"></param>
</object>
</div>

i tried <p> as well instead of div, and without either
i get "needs to be inside a tag".

32 Sep 15, 2005 05:32

Hey spasmFace ...

Hmmm. The problem is in Step 2 (because I didn't completely describe EVERYTHING that needs to be done). My bad.

There are THREE things you need to tell the _formatting.php file (or the HTML checker, whatever you prefer to call it):

1) What TAGS are legal.
2) What tags are allowed inside these legal TAGS
3) What attributes are allowed for each tag

1) Add the <object> and <param> tags

2) Add <param> as a sub-tag of <object> AND modify the <div> line to allow [u]both[/u] <object> and <param> as sub-tags:

'div' => E_Flow.' object param ',  <-- modify

'object' => E_Iinline.' param ',    <-- ADD
   'param'  => E_Iinline,              <-- ADD

Now that you've defined the legal TAGS and what tags they may contain, step 3 is to define the attributes allowed for each tag.

A bit further down in the _formatting.php file, you'll find the following and (agian) add what is appropriate for you:

// Array showing allowed attributes for tags 
$allowed_attribues = array 
( 
'object' => A_attrs.' id type data flashvars ', 
'param'  => A_attrs.' name value ', 

That's it.

Hope this helps!

-stk http://forums.b2evolution.net/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

33 Sep 15, 2005 05:52

that works great! but

Found invalid URL: Invalid URL

why is this happening?

'object' => A_attrs.' style id classid type data flashvars width height ', 
'param'  => A_attrs.' style name value ',

<div>
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="preload.swf" width="430" height="608">
<param name="movie"
value="preload.swf"></param>
</object></div>

[/code]

34 Sep 15, 2005 06:03

I recently added a hack that provides more feedback to the "Invalid URL" error. You might like to have a look at it - http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=5291

With respect to your particular "Invalid URL" (assuming it's the only link-URL in your post) ...

You might try changing data="preload.swf" to be a fully qualified URL path, like data="http://yoursite.com/folderName/preload.swf", because I know that the HTML-checker barfs when I put in <a href="www.site.com">, needing <a href="http://www.site.com">.

Just a thought. (But the hack I mentioned might shed more light on the specific thing it's choking on. I recommend the hack, even if my suggestion works.)

-stk :D

35 Sep 15, 2005 06:08

Thank-you very much!!! that was precisely why it wasnt working, it couldnt find preloader.. im adding your hack now! thanks again!

36 Sep 15, 2005 06:20

oh no.. noo =/

Found invalid URL: Invalid URL - [preload.swf?path=http://www.lungshrimp.com/media/unexpectednews.jpg]

well yes, but i dont know what the full url is.. =/

and if i add http://www.lungshrimp.com/ infront of preload.swf, it posts, but its posts the code.. and doesnt embed swf

37 Sep 15, 2005 06:50

I can only recommend these steps:

1) Turn OFF the HTML-checker and insert the code you KNOW will display the SWF file (whether or not it's XHTML-valid and uses the embed tag).

This way, you'll know that you can get your VID to show on the page.

2) Then, play with the code, to make it XHTML-valid. (Which I've been able to do, using some of the ideas in this thread).

3) Once it's XHTML-valid AND plays ... THEN turn the HTML-checker back on and make sure that it's b2evo-compatible (maybe making some/all of the edits/addtions to the _formatting.php file).

I tried playing the video using variations of your URL, but something seems to be wrong. Most SWF files will play if you plug the corresponding URL directly into the address bar of a flash-enabled browser, but (using a variety of url combos) I can't seem to get the preload.swf to do anything but show some picture of a strange "frogs head"? (Can't seem to play any video).

Good luck. Dunno what else to suggest.

38 Sep 15, 2005 07:13

sorry how do you turn off the html checking?? (im new to this)

the swf works fine.. as like this..

http://www.lungshrimp.com/preload.swf?path=media/unexpectednews.jpg
or this
http://www.lungshrimp.com/preload.swf?path=http://www.lungshrimp.com/media/unexpectednews.jpg

I will have a play and keep you notified.

Im thinking that b2evolution cant find preload.swf ... but tis in my skins dir an don root as well.. soo

-- Edit:

If I insert the code directly into html it works fine!

<div> 
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" 
data="preload.swf?path=http://www.lungshrimp.com/media/unexpectednews.jpg" 
width="430" height="608"> 
<param name="movie" 
value="preload.swf?path=http://www.lungshrimp.com/media/unexpectednews.jpg"></param> 
</object> 
</div>

39 Sep 15, 2005 07:56

Hmm. Neither of those links work for me in IE or FireFox. (IE just returns a blank screen & "done"; FireFox returns the 'frogshead' thing, but doesn't play a vid.)

You can turn off the HTML-checker in the _formatting.php file. It's near the top ... just turn "use-html-checking" from 1 (on) to 0 (off).

Good luck.

-stk

40 Sep 15, 2005 08:25

i fixed it
http://www.lungshrimp.com/

works in opera and firefox, ie doesnt seem to like it but thats becasue IE is wrong... tho i can fix that up :P

thank-you very much.

the problem was with the autoparsing of linebreaks.. which i had in the code.. =/

41 Sep 19, 2005 01:03

Excellent thread here gentleman! This hammers out some issues I was having difficulties with. B2 community kicks arse!

42 Aug 17, 2006 01:21

Hey!

I'v ebene trying to edit my _formatting.php file but apparently i'm not quite getting it cause when i upload my edits i can't even load the page anymore :\

Could someone possibly post an edited _formatting.php file that allows for OBJCT and the insertion of Flash movies?

it would be a HUGE help to me and lots of other too I imagine :)

thanks!

43 Aug 17, 2006 03:15

steviespin,

Unfortunately, there's not a _formatting.php file that would work in all cases. The minute you post one, there'd be someone with a different subtag or attribute and it wouldn't work for them.

The key is to learn the basics of how the _formatting.php file works (tags, subtags, attributes). Once you've grokked that, then yer good to add whatever and whenever you need.

I still like the idea of turning OFF the html-checker FIRST ... getting your code to work, making sure it's XHTML-valid ... THEN dink with the _formatting.php file so that b2evo passes it without complaining.

If you want, just post the <object> that you want (with all the correct XHTML) and I'll be happy to help you customize the _formatting.php file.

Cheers,

44 Aug 17, 2006 19:30

stk wrote:

steviespin,

Unfortunately, there's not a _formatting.php file that would work in all cases. The minute you post one, there'd be someone with a different subtag or attribute and it wouldn't work for them.

The key is to learn the basics of how the _formatting.php file works (tags, subtags, attributes). Once you've grokked that, then yer good to add whatever and whenever you need.

I still like the idea of turning OFF the html-checker FIRST ... getting your code to work, making sure it's XHTML-valid ... THEN dink with the _formatting.php file so that b2evo passes it without complaining.

If you want, just post the <object> that you want (with all the correct XHTML) and I'll be happy to help you customize the _formatting.php file.

Cheers,

is this enough info?

i want to be able to embed flash (using the object tag, not embed) flash in my blog. i'm a flash designer and will be doing it often. that's really the only change to the file I am doing at this point.

Coudl you possibly suggest the right code to put in to accomplish this as well :)?

I've seen a few different ways and am getting more and more confused.

thanks SO much!!
SS

46 Aug 18, 2006 01:01

flash video FLV or shock wave flash SWF file extension?

do you want to detect if the user has Adobe installed and send them to a download site if they don't?

do you have any parameters you want set at the beginning of the flash movie (sound on, auto-play on|off) etc?

In a word, no. That's not enough information.

47 Aug 18, 2006 13:21

stk wrote:

flash video FLV or shock wave flash SWF file extension?

do you want to detect if the user has Adobe installed and send them to a download site if they don't?

do you have any parameters you want set at the beginning of the flash movie (sound on, auto-play on|off) etc?

In a word, no. That's not enough information.

hi

I'm talking swf here. and since I author these, I can control the playing and volume from that side, so that interactivity will be required to start an anim. I could use the regular swf extension by embedding a flv inside an empty flash movie so that takes care of that. It would be helpful to know what choices and parameters there are but the basics are all I really need at this point.

thanks very much. Do you need any further info?
SS

48 Aug 18, 2006 17:41

Basic object insert:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="blah.swf" style="width:288px; height:128px;">
<param name="movie" value="blah.swf" />
</object>

49 Aug 20, 2006 20:07

stk wrote:

Basic object insert:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="blah.swf" style="width:288px; height:128px;">
<param name="movie" value="blah.swf" />
</object>

Yes, but the original issue was that the object tag is not allowed. I haven't had any luck editing my php files which is why I asked if you were able to supply one since you seem to have a good handle on these things.

thx
S

50 Aug 20, 2006 20:39

Stevespin,

LOL. I'm not trying to put you off. Posting a _formatting.php file won't help. There's no way to include all the tags, sub-tags, attributes and parameters that would work for you and/or everyone - without knowing what code you're using.

The html-checker can be turned OFF (in the _formatting.php file).

The html-checker, regarding posts, is supposed to HELP you make valid code, not GET IN THE WAY. So just turn it OFF ... put in the code you want ... then verify that (a) IT WORKS and (b) is XHTML-valid (if you're concerned about web standards).

ONCE you have settled on the code you KNOW you want to use to post your videos, come back and PASTE IT IN HERE and I'll THEN help you make yourself a customized _formatting.php file that will allow those specific tags, subtags and attributes. (The ones you know that you're for SURE going to use. Not a test, not a "one-size-fits-all", bunch of code ... but the ACTUAL code you're going to use).

52 Sep 03, 2006 22:08

Well, one way would be just to put the link in your blog. :p

Personally, I'd download the MP3 file, convert it to a Flash file, add it to a blog post, with a control much like on [url=http://randsco.com/index.php/2005/02/16/alex_on_animals]this post[/url]

(I've downloaded a shareware program that does the converting. If this is the route you're interested in going, let me know and I'll hunt down the link for you, if it's still around. - Been a while since I used the workflow).

Boom ... streaming audio on your site, hosted by your site. :D

Hope this helps.

53 Sep 04, 2006 11:01

Well the thing is i want it to be hosted on supload... And i don't want to just place a link. Was hoping there is way to let viewers just stream it from the blog. That way they can just choose which they want and play it online.

Thanks alot mate.

-Xyber.

54 Sep 04, 2006 18:33

Hmmm ... don't know a way to do that.

Generally speaking, I don't recommend that folks host stuff on 3rd-party servers (b/c then your content, accessiblity is dependent on another server ... which may be down, or content moved, etc., etc.)

Good luck. If you find a way, please come back and let us know. ;)

55 Sep 05, 2006 19:25

Well you did mate.. Youtube...
Guess i'll have to try figure this oneout myself. Thanks fer all the help...
-Xyber.

56 Sep 08, 2006 00:38

Hopefully, to your benefit. :D

Thanks for saying, as I was getting a tad depressed that this thread was "degrading" into oblivion.

57 Sep 08, 2006 00:51

hk996 is a spammer, i dlt'd his post, sorry scott

58 Sep 08, 2006 01:30

LOL ... there I go. :|

Back to the Valium. :p

59 Sep 09, 2006 08:46

stk wrote:

Personally, I'd download the MP3 file, convert it to a Flash file, add it to a blog post, with a control much like on [url=http://randsco.com/index.php/2005/02/16/alex_on_animals]this post[/url]

(I've downloaded a shareware program that does the converting. If this is the route you're interested in going, let me know and I'll hunt down the link for you.

Hi Stk,

I'm very interested in embedding a "play&pause" sound interface. I extremely like [url=http://www.1pixelout.net/code/audio-player-wordpress-plugin/]the one so popular for Wordpress[/url], and I wonder if it could be b2evo compliant some day. It is really stunning: simple to use and nice to see.
So, after I read all this long thread, there isn't a way to upload play an mp3; do I have to convert into a swf file and then somehow insert that mask with buttons in the post, don't I?

Please, let me know something about that, and also about the shareware converter.

60 Sep 09, 2006 17:13

Papzadsl,

Interesting and thanks for the link.

1) That IS a nice looking interface and (I would imagine) that something similar can be done for b2evo.

2) It "appears" that the WP plugin uses an MP3 file (but I haven't determined if it's truly streamed or if it's pre-loaded). I've not seen MP3 streamed before and would be VERY interested if this is the case.

3) My workflow (developed a couple of years ago) was to convert to Flash and insert the controls you see in the linked post on our blog. The key features were (a) true streaming, (b) xhtml-valid & (c) no client-side pop-ups (Flash).

4) The shareware program for converting MP3 to SWF files is put out by [url=http://www.guangmingsoft.net/msc/]Guangming Software[/url] and is called "MP3 Stream Creator".

Unfortunately, we're in the middle of a move and I don't have time to look into a WP->b2evo conversion. Perhaps, after the dust settles, in a couple of months, I can. (Feel free to send me a PM or contact us, via our site, as a reminder).

Hope this helps.

61 Sep 13, 2006 15:19

Hi there. Took me ages to get back to this. Was so busy with work. So here I am. I was going to post the tag that i am hoping to be able to use and I think you were going to tell me how to tweak my files to allow the object tag.

here it is!

<embed src='http://www.makaimedia.com/liquid/wow/wow_quiz.swf?r=0.635831720195711' FlashVars='m=humanPriest1' quality='high' bgcolor='#000000' width='300' height='250' name='World of Warcraft' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='sameDomain' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' />

thanks for any help!

63 Sep 16, 2006 18:35

I've found this very helpful, thank you. I can post Flash on my blog now, that's great :)

I'm just wondering: is there any way to automatically adjust the size of the object? I'm also currently trying to set up a button in the post editor, I hope that works out :)

edit: lovely, that was easier than I thought! See it in action here: http://yfinder.de/driven/index.php/2006/09/16/not_quite_a_mario_yet

edit2: careful, the quicktags plugin might disable itself if you rummage around in it enough. Gave me quite a scare :)

64 Feb 13, 2010 03:48

hey

im new to b2, never dealt with php before so im just trying to get my head around things. Basically i want to show some you tube videos on a particular blog and im running into the "embed" and "object" error

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GaHkqcXRGWo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GaHkqcXRGWo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

this is what im trying to embed

<?php
/**
 * This is b2evolution's formatting config file.
 * This file sets how b2evolution will parse and format texts (posts, comments, etc.)
 * Last significant changes to this file: version 1.6
 * @todo Move as much as possible to $Settings / $UserSettings
 * @package conf
 */
if( !defined('EVO_CONFIG_LOADED') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

/**
 * Automatically balance unmatched tags in posts and comments.
 * Choose the formatting options for your posts:
 *  0 to disable
 *  1 to ensable
 * @todo fp>This should be moved to the backoffice. Checkbox in group settings?
 * @global integer 0|1
 */
$use_balanceTags = 1;

/*
 * Disabling XHTML checking for posts is now a Group permission in b2evo's user management
 */

/**
 * Set this to true if you want to enforce XHTML strict
 * @todo fp> Should probably be an additional radio option in group permissions.
 */
$use_strict =  false;

/**
 * Choose formatting options for comments
 * 'never'   : option will never be used
 * 'opt-in'  : option will be used only if user explicitely asks for it
 * 'opt-out' : option will be used by default, but user can refuse
 * 'always'  : option will always be used
 * @todo fp> remove and let Auto-P handle the comment formatting.
 */
$comments_use_autobr = 'opt-out';	// automatically change line breaks to <br />

/**
 * Do we want to use XHTML validation for comments?
 * TODO: use this for anonymous comments only.
 */
$use_xhtmlvalidation_for_comments = true;

/**
 * set this to true to allow id && style as core attributes for comments
 * WARNING : This would allow spammers to post hidden content in comments
 *           enable it at your own risk !
 */
$comments_allow_css_tweaks = false;

/**
 * DEPRECATED!!!
 * here is a list of the tags that are allowed in the comments.
 * If XHTML validation is disabled all tags not in this list will be filtered out anyway before we do any checking
 */
$comment_allowed_tags = '<p><ul><ol><li><dl><dt><dd><address><blockquote><ins><del><span><bdo><br><em><strong><dfn><code><samp><kdb><var><cite><abbr><acronym><q><sub><sup><tt><i><b><big><small>';

/**
 * Translation of HTML entities and special characters.
 * You should not have to change this.
 * @global array
 */
$b2_htmltrans = array(
	// '–' => ' ', '—' => ' ', '‘' => ' ', '’' => ' ',
	// '“' => ' ', '”' => ' ', '•' => ' ', '€' => ' ',
	'&lt;' => '<',	'&gt;' => '>',
	'&sp;' => ' ', '&excl;' => '!', '&quot;' => '"', '&num;' => '#',
	'&dollar;' =>  '$', '&percnt;' => '%', '&amp;' => '&', '&apos;' => ''',
	'&lpar;' => '(', '&rpar;' => ')',
	'&ast;' => '*', '&plus;' => '+', '&comma;' => ',', '&hyphen;' => '-',
	'&minus;' => '-', '&period;' => '.', '&sol;' => '/', '&colon;' => ':',
	'&semi;' => ';', '&lt;' => '<',
	'&equals;' => '=', '&gt;' => '>', '&quest;' => '?', '&commat;' => '@',
	'&lsqb;' => '[', '&bsol;' => '\', '&rsqb;' => ']', '&circ;' => '^',
	'&lowbar;' => '_', '&horbar;' => '_',
	'&grave;' => '`', '&lcub;' => '{', '&verbar;' => '|', '&rcub;' => '}',
	'&tilde;' => '~', '&lsquor;' => '‚', '&ldquor;' => '„',
	'&ldots;' => '…', '&Scaron;' => 'Š', '&lsaquo;' => '‹', '&OElig;' => 'Œ',
	'&lsquo;' => '‘', '&rsquor;' => '‘', '&rsquo;' => '’',
	'&ldquo;' => '“', '&rdquor;' => '“', '&rdquo;' => '”', '&bull;' => '•',
	'&ndash;' => '–', '&endash;' => '–', '&mdash;' => '—', '&emdash;' => '—',
	'&tilde;' => '˜', '&trade;' => '™',
	'&scaron;' => 'š', '&rsaquo;' => '›', '&oelig;' => 'œ', '&Yuml;' => 'Ÿ',
	'&nbsp;' => ' ', '&iexcl;' => '¡', '&cent;' => '¢', '&pound;' => '£',
	'&curren;' => '¤', '&yen;' => '¥',
	'&brvbar;' => '¦', '&brkbar;' => '¦', '&sect;' => '§', '&uml;' => '¨',
	'&die;' => '¨', '&copy;' => '©', '&ordf;' => 'ª', '&laquo;' => '«',
	'&not;' => '¬', '&shy;' => '­',
	'&reg;' => '®', '&macr;' => '¯', '&hibar;' => '¯', '&deg;' => '°',
	'&plusmn;' => '±', '&sup2;' => '²', '&sup3;' => '³', '&acute;' => '´',
	'&micro;' => 'µ', '&para;' => '¶',
	'&middot;' => '·', '&cedil;' => '¸', '&sup1;' => '¹', '&ordm;' => 'º',
	'&raquo;' => '»', '&frac14;' => '¼', '&frac12;' => '½', '&half;' => '½',
	'&frac34;' => '¾', '&iquest;' => '¿',
	'&Agrave;' => 'À', '&Aacute;' => 'Á', '&Acirc;' => 'Â', '&Atilde;' => 'Ã',
	'&Auml;' => 'Ä', '&Aring;' => 'Å', '&AElig;' => 'Æ', '&Ccedil;' => 'Ç',
	'&Egrave;' => 'È', '&Eacute;' => 'É',
	'&Ecirc;' => 'Ê', '&Euml;' => 'Ë', '&Igrave;' => 'Ì', '&Iacute;' => 'Í',
	'&Icirc;' => 'Î', '&Iuml;' => 'Ï', '&ETH;' => 'Ð', '&Ntilde;' => 'Ñ',
	'&Ograve;' => 'Ò', '&Oacute;' => 'Ó',
	'&Ocirc;' => 'Ô', '&Otilde;' => 'Õ', '&Ouml;' => 'Ö', '&times;' => '×',
	'&Oslash;' => 'Ø', '&Ugrave;' => 'Ù', '&Uacute;' => 'Ú', '&Ucirc;' => 'Û',
	'&Uuml;' => 'Ü', '&Yacute;' => 'Ý',
	'&THORN;' => 'Þ', '&szlig;' => 'ß', '&agrave;' => 'à', '&aacute;' => 'á',
	'&acirc;' => 'â', '&atilde;' => 'ã', '&auml;' => 'ä', '&aring;' => 'å',
	'&aelig;' => 'æ', '&ccedil;' => 'ç',
	'&egrave;' => 'è', '&eacute;' => 'é', '&ecirc;' => 'ê', '&euml;' => 'ë',
	'&igrave;' => 'ì', '&iacute;' => 'í', '&icirc;' => 'î', '&iuml;' => 'ï',
	'&eth;' => 'ð', '&ntilde;' => 'ñ',
	'&ograve;' => 'ò', '&oacute;' => 'ó', '&ocirc;' => 'ô', '&otilde;' => 'õ',
	'&ouml;' => 'ö', '&divide;' => '÷', '&oslash;' => 'ø', '&ugrave;' => 'ù',
	'&uacute;' => 'ú', '&ucirc;' => 'û',
	'&uuml;' => 'ü', '&yacute;' => 'ý', '&thorn;' => 'þ', '&yuml;' => 'ÿ',
	'&OElig;' => 'Œ', '&oelig;' => 'œ', '&Scaron;' => 'Š', '&scaron;' => 'š',
	'&Yuml;' => 'Ÿ', '&fnof;' => 'ƒ',
	'&circ;' => 'ˆ', '&tilde;' => '˜', '&Alpha;' => 'Α', '&Beta;' => 'Β',
	'&Gamma;' => 'Γ', '&Delta;' => 'Δ', '&Epsilon;' => 'Ε', '&Zeta;' => 'Ζ',
	'&Eta;' => 'Η', '&Theta;' => 'Θ',
	'&Iota;' => 'Ι', '&Kappa;' => 'Κ', '&Lambda;' => 'Λ',
	'&Mu;' => 'Μ', '&Nu;' => 'Ν', '&Xi;' => 'Ξ',
	'&Omicron;' => 'Ο', '&Pi;' => 'Π', '&Rho;' => 'Ρ', '&Sigma;' => 'Σ',
	'&Tau;' => 'Τ', '&Upsilon;' => 'Υ', '&Phi;' => 'Φ',
	'&Chi;' => 'Χ', '&Psi;' => 'Ψ', '&Omega;' => 'Ω',
	'&alpha;' => 'α', '&beta;' => 'β', '&gamma;' => 'γ', '&delta;' => 'δ',
	'&epsilon;' => 'ε', '&zeta;' => 'ζ', '&eta;' => 'η',
	'&theta;' => 'θ', '&iota;' => 'ι', '&kappa;' => 'κ', '&lambda;' => 'λ',
	'&mu;' => 'μ', '&nu;' => 'ν', '&xi;' => 'ξ',
	'&omicron;' => 'ο', '&pi;' => 'π', '&rho;' => 'ρ', '&sigmaf;' => 'ς',
	'&sigma;' => 'σ', '&tau;' => 'τ', '&upsilon;' => 'υ', '&phi;' => 'φ',
	'&chi;' => 'χ', '&psi;' => 'ψ',
	'&omega;' => 'ω', '&thetasym;' => 'ϑ', '&upsih;' => 'ϒ', '&piv;' => 'ϖ',
	'&ensp;' => ' ', '&emsp;' => ' ', '&thinsp;' => ' ', '&zwnj;' => '‌',
	'&zwj;' => '‍', '&lrm;' => '‎',
	'&rlm;' => '‏', '&ndash;' => '–', '&mdash;' => '—', '&lsquo;' => '‘',
	'&rsquo;' => '’', '&sbquo;' => '‚', '&ldquo;' => '“', '&rdquo;' => '”',
	'&bdquo;' => '„', '&dagger;' => '†',
	'&Dagger;' => '‡', '&bull;' => '•', '&hellip;' => '…', '&permil;' => '‰',
	'&prime;' => '′', '&Prime;' => '″', '&lsaquo;' => '‹', '&rsaquo;' => '›',
	'&oline;' => '‾', '&frasl;' => '⁄',
	'&euro;' => '€', '&image;' => 'ℑ', '&weierp;' => '℘', '&real;' => 'ℜ',
	'&trade;' => '™', '&alefsym;' => 'ℵ', '&larr;' => '←', '&uarr;' => '↑',
	'&rarr;' => '→', '&darr;' => '↓',
	'&harr;' => '↔', '&crarr;' => '↵', '&lArr;' => '⇐', '&uArr;' => '⇑',
	'&rArr;' => '⇒', '&dArr;' => '⇓', '&hArr;' => '⇔', '&forall;' => '∀',
	'&part;' => '∂', '&exist;' => '∃',
	'&empty;' => '∅', '&nabla;' => '∇', '&isin;' => '∈', '&notin;' => '∉',
	'&ni;' => '∋', '&prod;' => '∏', '&sum;' => '∑', '&minus;' => '−',
	'&lowast;' => '∗', '&radic;' => '√',
	'&prop;' => '∝', '&infin;' => '∞', '&ang;' => '∠', '&and;' => '∧',
	'&or;' => '∨', '&cap;' => '∩', '&cup;' => '∪', '&int;' => '∫',
	'&there4;' => '∴', '&sim;' => '∼',
	'&cong;' => '≅', '&asymp;' => '≈', '&ne;' => '≠', '&equiv;' => '≡',
	'&le;' => '≤', '&ge;' => '≥', '&sub;' => '⊂', '&sup;' => '⊃',
	'&nsub;' => '⊄', '&sube;' => '⊆',
	'&supe;' => '⊇', '&oplus;' => '⊕', '&otimes;' => '⊗', '&perp;' => '⊥',
	'&sdot;' => '⋅', '&lceil;' => '⌈', '&rceil;' => '⌉', '&lfloor;' => '⌊',
	'&rfloor;' => '⌋', '&lang;' => '〈',
	'&rang;' => '〉', '&loz;' => '◊', '&spades;' => '♠', '&clubs;' => '♣',
	'&hearts;' => '♥', '&diams;' => '♦'
);

?>

this is the code i have on the _formatting page. What do i change??

Many thanks in advance

Damian[/quote]

65 Sep 08, 2010 04:11

my winff works fine but it seams I cannot integrate .swf AND .flv

Form is loading...