Recent Topics

1 Mar 01, 2005 00:54    

Hey there, I have been using b2 for many years, and b2 evo for 4months or so, love it! :D

But i have a problem, if you check out http://aliciakeysfan.com you will see that both parts of the b2evo page.(news part) and side bar... everything is in the middle, rather than at the top of the page.

This is annoying because all my links and things stay in the middle, and the user has to scroll down to see the links......also the same for the news when viewing a single news post.

Im not too sure how to fix this, i have looked in _main.php of my template, and also "custom.css"...(where I think i need to change things)

Help would be great!

Thanks in advance! :)
Cheers

2 Mar 01, 2005 02:35

Are your columns nested inside a table? It could be that your table alignment needs to be set differently. A quick search about aligning data in tables might point you in the right direction.

Then again, I could be way off base. ;)

3 Mar 01, 2005 03:00

you have 70 validation errors on your main page ...before doing anything I would take the time to take care of those. Once thats done, then you might be able to narrow down the problem, if it still exists.

Its kinda like going to the the dentist, when you havent taken the time to floss or brush.

4 Mar 01, 2005 15:19

Thanks for the help.

Table alignment? could be :), no idea, where would this information be stored?

Im awear of the errors, dreamweaver keep highlighting many things, which is also hard to work with lol, im not too sure where these came from, as I worked with the "custom" template as recomended.

Im not too sure how to remove these errors, apart from simply removing that part of the code, which many throw the style and things out even more.

So the problem is probably in the _main.php rather than the custom.css file?, this was were i found the information about the table widths and things.

Thanks again.

5 Mar 03, 2005 03:38

Im still having the same annoying problem.

I think it might be something to do with _main.php rather than the css file.

Maybe im making a simple html error somewhere. I think this is the case, because.....although as whoo already said, I have errors on this page....., these errors are all on the right hand side (the sidebar) and not on the main news page, (where im also having the same problem)

I feel kind of :oops: , but maybe, could someone take a quick look at my file for me? (I have uploaded it, and ziped it (so it is not parsed)).

http://aliciakeysfan.com/temp/_main.zip

Many thanks is advance :)
Cheers

6 Mar 03, 2005 15:46

I've not looked at the .zip file, but live site.

You have a <td> for the right column, where you set align="top" as attribute. Add a 'v' for 'vertical' there and it works (tested).
Like so:

valign="top"

This is with the _main.php probably and you could refactor it using classes for the various <td>'s (or even go away from a table based layout completely) and assign "vertical-align:top" for it in the .css file.

7 Mar 04, 2005 03:49

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so very much blueyed, works like a charm!

Cheers :D damn gream :D

8 Mar 04, 2005 04:42

does that mean youre going to put the b2evolution button back on your site now?

(not expecting any response)

9 Mar 05, 2005 01:08

:oops: wow, please don't look at me in a bad light!

I used b2 orgianl for about 2-3 years, and always had the b2 button. I didn't relize the b2 evo button was not shown, probably because I have been fighting with other template issues :/

I love b2 evo, and want to show respect for it, will add it in shortly :)

Form is loading...