Recent Topics

1 Mar 06, 2005 11:57    

Hi, it seems that Kubrick doesn't like it when you have a fair few blogs running, my example is http://therox.org and I was wondering if anyone knew a hack to make the blog names wprk on two lines properly :)
Thanks

2 Mar 06, 2005 17:13

I thought a bit about this, and I think the problem can be solved by changing the CSS. I'm unsure where the part that handles the font and most importantly the height difference between lines but I feel thats where the problem can be solved. Any clues?

3 Mar 06, 2005 23:49

The easiest way to find the relevant CSS classes or ID's is to load your blog in a browser, and then view source. Once the php is parsed, your source is just html. You should be able to find the relevant CSS very easily that way.

jj.

4 Mar 07, 2005 04:02

I thought of this happening when I made Kubrick2evo, and sort of know how to make it look better since I did it in another skin (that I don't use), but didn't search it out and implement it. Why? Aw heck just because I'm lazy. I'll try to find my other skin and see if that css trick works in Kubrick, then post here again.

5 Mar 07, 2005 15:43

Much easier this time than the other skin I did this to! 2 changes are required in your kubrick2evo.css file.

First change is to #BlogListL(C,R) around lines 96/97. Find:

/* Begin styles for bloglist */
#BlogListL, #BlogListC, #BlogListR {

Change it to this:

margin : -2.5em 32px 0 32px;
/* for people with lots of blogs (more than one line of blog links in 
the header) you can uncomment this line instead so that your second 
line of blog links is 'inside' the blue header image area.  If you 
try -7.1em you will see that the bloglinks overlap the tagline. */
/* margin : -4.8em 32px 0 32px; */
border : 0px solid #000;
padding : 0;
}

To make it work with 2 lines of blog links you will want to uncomment the second "margin" and comment out the first, like so:

/* margin : -2.5em 32px 0 32px; */
/* for people with lots of blogs (more than one line of blog links in 
the header) you can uncomment this line instead so that your second 
line of blog links is 'inside' the blue header image area.  If you 
try -7.1em you will see that the bloglinks overlap the tagline. */
margin : -4.8em 32px 0 32px;
border : 0px solid #000;
padding : 0;
}

I didn't actually test it with 3 lines of links. -7.1 would be correct but I think it will overlap the tagline so that's why I said so in the comment.

Second change is to ul#bloglist li at the new line 121. Add a line-height to that definition thusly:

ul#bloglist li {
background-color : #FFFFFF;
border : 1px solid #000;
display : inline;
padding : .5ex 1em;
line-height: 2.2em;
}

6 Mar 08, 2005 18:30

Thanks Ed! I'll do that tonight.

Form is loading...