Recent Topics

1 Mar 02, 2005 10:03    

Not sure if this is the correct place, but...

I had a bunch of spam comments left on my blog. No big deal you say, but this was in a private blog requiring a user to be logged in to even view the blog. The blog entries themselves were "protected" although commenting was "open".

So, how is it possible that comments could be left on these blog entries? Is it just a case of having the right query string to dump comments in whatever blog is open to them? Is this a bug or more to the point - can b2evo be updated to stop this problem?

I don't particularly want to close commenting in my private journal, but I don't want to be wasting my time getting rid of spam either.

John

2 Mar 02, 2005 12:19

jko wrote:

Not sure if this is the correct place, but...

Is it just a case of having the right query string to dump comments in whatever blog is open to them?
John

yes. simple http_posts dont care about all that other stuff

3 Mar 02, 2005 12:26

So is there a way of setting coment "permissions" on individual blogs? For example, for my private journal only I can make comments, but on my public blog only registered users can post commets (and, perhaps, another blog may allow anyone to comment).

If it doesn't exist, is it planned for a future release?

I have to say that my experience of b2evo has been very positive but I do think that the permissions system is somewhat lacking.

Thanks,
John

5 Mar 02, 2005 12:54

Thanks,
I found that earlier today and implemented it, so that will hopefully stop it for the moment. Unfortunately, that's a site-wide "fix". It would still be nice to be able to set permissions on a per-blog basis and without doing a hack.

John

Form is loading...